cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Views and BW Modeling in HANA Studio Licensing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a SAP Netweaver BW 7.4 SP11 running on HANA database.

We would like to use eclipse based modeling with HANA studio where we would be creating HANA views by consuming the BW DSOs and cubes.

My question would be that whether we would need any additional licensing to use HANA studio to consume BW backend objects via BW Modeling Perspective?

Our reporting end is Business Objects 4.1, where at the moment, the BEx queries are used as a source for WebI reports and dashboards.

I am also aware that we can directly consume the HANA views in BO.

For this too, would we need any additional licensing?

Many thanks in advance for your feedbacks!

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Harish,

I think you are confusing some terminology here.

- You do not need additional licensing to create BW objects in the BW modeling perspective (ADSO, Open ODS View), assuming you have runtime license now

- You DO need to have additional licensing when you want to model HANA views in modeling perspective in HANA, *Same assumption of current license

Kind regards,

Sjoerd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sjoerd,

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Point 1: This would mean I can use the BW modeling perspective to create ADSOs, CompositeProviders and OpenODS views by simply installing HANA Studio without any licensing.

I may not able to create analytic/calculation views on top of these infoproviders.

Point 2: This would mean, I also need to acquire licensing on creating views in native HANA space, for e.g., to connect to non-SAP source systems without the use of SAP BW.

Could you kindly explain on runtime license?

Br, Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Correct

2) Correct

I could tell you more on licensing, but you really would do best to talk to your SAP account manager for details and a thorough explanation on this subject.

Sjoerd

Answers (0)