Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settling amount from investment order to AUC in one depreciation area only

former_member193905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a scenario in which requirement is to settle investment order amount into AUC's one depreciation area only for a specific company code.

I cannot change the transaction type since that is used across all the company codes where this change is not required.

Is there any alternative?

Note: I found a way by creating a new asset class, new investment profile for investment order and deactivation of non required depreciation areas for the new asset class but is looking for an alternative solution for that since it requires good amount of process change.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

To change the amounts settled for certain depreciation areas you use Capitalization Keys. For example, using a Capitalization Key the settled amount can be set to 0% for a certain depreciation area.

See documentation on settlement to AuCs for further info:

Periodic Settlement to an Asset under Construction - Investment Management (IM) - SAP Library

Regards, Michael

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Create a new transaction type by copying the standard transaction type and restrict this to specific depreciation area also. After define it, then you can use this transaction type for posting.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member193905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

I cannot change the default transaction type since it is being used by many other investment orders related to other company codes. any alternate solution possible?

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

I am not suggesting you to change the standard transaction type. Create a new custom transaction type with reference to standard transaction type and restrict this transaction type for specific depreciation area and then do posting with it.

Regards,

Mukthar