cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find all the text elements which are used in the Components in an Enhancement Set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement to find all the text elements which are being used in the Web UI Components.

Is there a way to get all the text elements which are used in different components in an enhancement set?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks and Regards,

Kanchana Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could check the below FM to know about the text DB table.

FM:  SVRS_GET_VERSION_REPT_40 : It retrieves the text element maintained on class/ FG/ reports...

Pass the class name to the input parameter OBJECT_NAME (program name which you could find on the text element screen)

Output parameter: REPOT_TAB - it will give you the text element ID and text maintained.

You can keep this as reference and debug to find what you need

former_member541649
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can write a report to select the entries from the DB table where the text elements are stored.

To get the exact tables, run an SQL trace (txn ST05 or ST01) and do a "GOTO -> TEXT ELEMENTS" step in any class. This wil generate a trace of all the SQL statements that were executed when you did goto -> text elements. You can then analyse the trace and find the right tables you will need.

I just did the activity described above just now and found that one of the tables is: REPOTEXT.

There might be a few more and you may need to do a JOIN condition. The text returned is in rawstring format, but you can convert that in your report.

This is not an exact answer to your query but hopefully this would be a good lead to do further analysis.

Best Regards,

Parul

corrine_guan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Kanchana,

May I ask, what 'text elements' do you mean?

When displaying a method in se24, there is a menu 'goto'->'text elements' . Is this what you want?

From my understanding, when component/views are enhanced, there will be Z* classes generated.

do you mean you want to know all the 'text elements' for these Z* classes?

Best Regards, Corrine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Corrine,

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes I want to see all the text elements which are available for a method in SE24. But I want to get the collective list for all the components. Is there a way to get the full list i.e through some tables or SAP Note or any other way.

Thanks and Regards,

Kanchana S

corrine_guan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I think there should be two steps:

1. find out all the Z* classes for the enhanced component/views;

2. find out the text elements for the Z* classes.

For point 1:

I''m not sure if there is exactly a single FM or report to get all the Z* classes for your enhanced component/views.

What I can think about is to make a ST12 trace(or SE30, ST05, etc) when I open an enhanced component/views in T-code bsp_wd_cmpwb. Here are some tables  (but not all):

bspwd_comp_ext

BSPWD_CMP_C_REPL

O2PAGDIR (CL_O2_API_PAGES->READ_FROM_DB) --> only find part of Z classes, it seems context nodes classes are contained in other db tables

For point 2:

As to how to find the text elements of a class, maybe you should raise another thread in the ABAP spaces?

Best Regards, Corrine