what is actually exposure scenario and how to handle it through sap ehs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

you need to be more specific. The term "exposure scenario" does have a lot of "meanings".

One meaning is related to e.g. SAP EHS IH classic solution (e.g. is the worker "exposed" to e.g. a "chemical)

But "Exposure scenario" is as well a term used in REACh regulation. So please be more specific what you are looking for.

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chris ,

I was referring this in regards to Property tree . I guess we have exposure scenario property tree assigned to some specification type to handle this . But I do not not know how companies manage this in real .

So this might be both related to reach or IHS I do not know . Do you have somewhere in your thread explains about the whole idea of managing Exposure scenario through specification workbench ?

K G

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

I am sorry to say: I am not aware of any kind of thread there you will find the full overview of this.

As a potential startingpoint you could check: Exposure Scenario Management (EHS-SAF-ESM) - Product Safety (EHS-SAF) - SAP Library

You will clearly get no full explanation of the data model used but as a starting point: This is the right place to look at.

For EHS IHS / And or EHSM: the meaining of exposure scenario is here more "realistic" as you try to "model" the real life (with which so called "Agents" can there be a contact with human beings

The "REACH" part is more or less trying to describe: if you use the product in this or the other way than there are no risks for e.g. the human being to be "exposed" by the chemical.

Hope this helps

C.B.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Krishna,

The exposure scenario property tree is there to be able to maintain the data as needed to create the so called Extended SDS or eSDS.  The eSDS is an requirement of the Reach Regulation from ECHA.

Please see the guidance document on how to create such an eSDS:

http://echa.europa.eu/documents/10162/13643/sds_en.pdf

Here the ECHA gives some very good an detailed examples:

Practical examples of exposure scenarios - ECHA

https://echa.europa.eu/documents/10162/13563/downstream_en.pdf

BTW: Please mark your other thread here as solved or ask more questions.

Thanks

Mark