cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data loads taking time after upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have a DTP load from PSA to a W/O DSO for about 15 million records. Its a full load and there's an expert routine. We upgraded from 7.3 to 7.4 last weekend. This load used to finish in about 1.5 hrs but now its taking 5 hrs. I changed the number of parallel processes and increased package size and brought down the load to about 3.5 hrs. Basis is saying everything is ok on their end.

When I look inside the packages of the DTP, I see that its spending anywhere from 2.5 to 7 mins in the expert routine. I did a trace and saw that most of the time is taken by a select statement on another DSO where there are 30 million records. This seems consistent with the before/after upgrade cases.

However, when I look at the jobs before upgrade, I see that the first few packages were taking 3 to 4 mins to complete and the subsequent packages finished in under 30 secs. After upgrade, all packages are taking around the same time which is typically between 2.5 to 7 mins.

Before the select statement of the DSO with 30 million records, there's a check if the internal table is blank or not. The internal table was declared in the global variables area.

Has any one seen this issue or can someone help with any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we've had an issue like that (before upgrading actually) when setting a transfer routine on an InfoObject (0WBS_ELEMT) which previously was set in various transfer/update rules (or transformations), but not consistently

the problem was that this routine is carried out ALWAYS even when the object isn't updated (so a simple check to see if there is a value before actually carrying out the code solved this)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share the coding in the expert routine. I also would like to know the key fields of the DSO with 30 mln. records.

Best regards,

Sander

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the select is not on the key of the dso, you can add a secondary index.

M.