cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Crashes when connecting to MySQL Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our organization just recently installed Crystal Reports 2013, and it has been working without issue with most of our tables. We are using MySQL databases in our environment, and one of the new tables we have created caused crystal reports to crash when its added to a report. We did have a user able to create a report against the table, but whenever they click the refresh button it will give the same error.

The error is "Crystal Reports has stopped working" and windows starts looking for a solution.

Can anyone give me any direction to where to begin to troubleshoot this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron

Crystal Reports 2013 does not tell me what updates have been applied to the CR install. Please go to the downloads portal:

Downloads for SAP Crystal Reports and others

And download SP 6.

See if that helps. If not, what version of MS SQL are you using? How are you connecting to it?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just installed Crystal Reports 2013 SP6, and the issue persists. Our MySQL version is 5.6 and with MySQL ODBC driver version 5.3.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think at this point doing a bit of logging may help. See KBA 1603398 - How to perform a trace in Crystal Reports using crlogger?

Also, see KBA 1653533 - How to debug database issues using crlogger logs on Windows and Linux

Note that we do not normally investigate logs, etc., here on SCN. E.g.; have a look, see what you can find out. If you need help, you will have to create a phone incident with SAP Support.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

In troubleshooting the event log, it doesn't appear there is any apparent error in the logs. What seems to work as a workaround is splitting the table up via the use of multiple views (the table that is causing the issue is over 400 columns).

Sounds like it could possibly just be a simple memory issue with so many tables, or is there any sort of limitations when it comes to the number of columns?

0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

That is a lot of columns and do you really need that many in one report?

Another options is in the connection itself, see if unchecking everything except Tables helps:

And if that fails then try adding just your one table in the Table Name Like filter.

CR will load all table info and it has limited resources, closing all other programs may help also so it frees up resources as well.

Also, uncheck Automatic Smart Linking, that can use up resources too.

Otherwise as you noted breaking the table up using Views is your work around.

Don