Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tickets booked by travel desk posting to FI

visu2015
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

An employee creates a travel request over the portal and choose the option : ticket booked by company and sends to approval for manager.

Once approved, notification is sent to travel desk to book the tickets.

Now how the ticket booked amount is posted to FI.

Please tell me.

regards

vish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vish,

depending on your set up.

But most common process is like the following.

The "travel desk" (represented by an external travel agency) is booking the e.g. flight and enters as payment method a credit card from the customer into the GDS system (or any other booking platform). (Your company card = Lodge Card).

The credit card provider will sent you an invoice to FI/CO. You can now post to expenses and to the vendor "credit card provider". (next step is the payment run and transfer to your bank account)

Problem here is the reconciliation. For this I recommend to check "credit card clearing" process from Travel Management.

Best regards, Sigi

visu2015
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

There is no travel planning(integration with third party travel desk) and also no integration with credit card payments.

How do we post the ticket expenses booked by company to FI is it posting to employee vendor. If yes how to identify in case of multiple ticket booking for same employee.

regards

vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

who is paying the ticket?

visu2015
Contributor
0 Kudos

company paying the ticket to booking agency.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so than it is as I said. Normally the booking agency is using a company credit card for the reservations.

The credit card statement is than posted into fi. Expense to Vendor. Totally independent from your travel system.