cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFARIA DATABASE - SAP SQL Anywhere

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to check something with you guys...if the AFARIA's Database is going to be SAP SQL Anywhere 12 (runtime), Do I need to créate a system on SAP support portal in order to generate the license key to use that database? Because the installation process ask me for a license key... I know this is basic... and pretty obvious the yes answer to this, but I'm trying to créate the system in order to generate the key, and the portal gives me an error like "there is no license under this installation key for this product"... and I dont know if this error is something I missing or is a contract problem that need to be fix. I'll wait for your answers

Best Regards,

Mariana

cc:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ercin_nurol
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

You need a full dedicated license for SQL Anywhere. Afaria does not ship a SQL Anywhere license. Does this answer help you?

Best regards

Ercin Nurol

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, I need it to know that because there was a misunderstanding with this. The implementation team were pretty sure about the key generation process but some other people not, and make us wonder if the procedure was changed at some point .. Now, I see it is not

I know this is pretty obvious too because without the full license for SQL Anywhere, I can't créate the system under my sybase installation number...is it?... So, for all matters I was doing the right thing créate the system for the DB to generate the license key for that product, Didn't I? ... Please confirm this to me to alert this issue immediately

Thank you very much for your help!

Best Regard,

Mariana

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please, refer to the following document:

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/SAP%20Support%20Portal/keys-systems-installations/keys/r...

It explains how to request a Sybase product license key.

You need a license key for Afaria and a separate license key for SQL Anywhere.

More general details can be found here Keys | SAP Support Portal

including reporting an incident if you have issues with license key requests.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeap Marco,

That is the document we have followed for trying the key generation (an older versión but is still the same) .... It's in fact an issue with the license. Thank you guys, I think the incident has been reported already

Best Regards,

Mariana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

I'm no expert on Afaria or SQL Anywhere, so will try to bring in some others to take a look.

is probably the most knowledgeable Afaria person I have worked with.

is less technical, but may know who else can help.

Cheers, Mike

SAP Technology RIG