cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing service pack for SAP Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to install a service pack for Crystal Reports and running into an issue. I downloaded a service pack SP 5 from SAP downloads page at https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/patch_download/main_public.htm

An installer throws an error and installation cannot continue:

A reboot request is suppressed on the local machine. Please reboot the machine in order to proceed with the installation. INS00289

Versions:

• Windows 8.1. Version 6.3 (Build 9600)
  • Crystal Reports -> Help -> About: 14.0.2.364 – which corresponds to v2011 SP2

I found a page http://solveissue.com/note?id=1880774 and followed the instructions. The page suggests multiple reboots – they did not help, or deleting a registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations

I do not have this exact registry key – mine does not have word Pending in its name. The right pane of my Regedit displays only one line that says (Default) REG_SZ  (value not set).

Help is needed from anyone who is experienced with SAP service pack installations!

Let me know if I can provide more details.

Thanks!

Max

-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Max

I'd go to the Downloads for SAP Crystal Reports and others.

Download SP 11 and try again. As is, I am not sure how to reconcile:

I downloaded a service pack SP 5 from SAP downloads page

and

Crystal Reports -> Help -> About: 14.0.2.364 – which corresponds to v2011 SP2

But irrespective, I'd like you to try SP 11.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have downloaded SP11. When I run a downloaded file, Win-RAR Self-extracting archive throws an error:

• “Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation”.
  • “CRC failed in [each time the same file]. Unexpected end of archive”.

In fact, the same happens with all service packs from SAP Crystal Reports 2011 SP11 down to SP7. Crystal Reports is closed the whole time.

Only SP5 archive extracted OK, but it has a "rebooting" problem described in original post. 

I have Crystal Reports version 14.0.2.364 (aka v2011 SP2) installed on my laptop, which runs Windows 8.1.

Thank you for your help.

Max

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Max

I do not get errors such as the ones you describe - using my base computer, VMWare image or my how computer. E.g.; see if you can do the download on a different computer (not one imaged by your IT), or try a different browser. I typically use Firefox or IE 11.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

Thanks for testing downloading of SP-s for me.

I tried to download with IE 11 to the same machine – and downloaded archive unpacked fine! Size of the archive is bigger than the one that failed to unpack...

However, after installer starts, I got the same situation Idescribed in the original post. Here is a screenshot:

Not sure what to try next… Please let me know of any details that may help.

Thanks again.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

Thanks for the links to solveissue.com notes.

Both of them suggest rebooting a computer and deleting entries from a certain registry key.

Reboots did not help.

I do not have an exact registry key they are referring to either. I have HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\FileRenameOperations, and the notes refer to …\PendingFileRenameOperations. Besides, my registry key does not have any relevant data in it: its only line says (Default); REG_SZ; (value not set).

So I decided to try to unpack self-extracting archive “manually”, and then to run Setup.exe manually as well. And… Alleluja! – Suppressed Reboot line did not say Failed anymore! The installer was able to continue, and finished successfully.

Not sure if such behavior has to do with Windows 8.1. Perhaps notes at solveissue.com could be updated with this solution?

Now that we solved two issues with downloading and installing Crystal's service pack, I am going back to the task that brought these issues up. Wondering if you could take a look at the thread  http://scn.sap.com/message/16121750#16121750

Thanks again!

Max

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh wow. Weird. But I do thank you for posting your findings. I'm sure they will come in handy in the future. As for the other Discussion. Istvan is way more qualified to continue on that thread. Looks like he posted a reply a few hours back re. possible issue with the version of SSAS. I will ping one of the guys here that works on the CR connectivity and see what he says.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek.

You are very welcome! I was happy to make my aluminum contribution

The problem from other discussion has also been resolved.

Many thanks to everybody.

Max

Answers (0)