Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Measurement Guide IN SAP

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mates,

I am new to User measurement and i dont know how to do the user measurement.So i need your help.

Our company has purchased  totally 70 application user license and 1 developer license

SAP DEVELOPER USER:01

SAP PROFESSIONAL USERS)-10

SAP APPLICATION PROFESSIONAL USER: 25

SAP MANAGER SELF SERVICE USER:10

SAP LOGISTICS USER: 10

SAP SHOP FLOOR USER:15

SAP has told to measure both DEV ystem and PRD system and consolidate them using SLAW and send results to them.However i have few questions:

1)I can see we have bought only 1 developer user but we have 6 users in our DEV system with SAP_ALL permissions but only 1 user has access to SSCR keys to change programmes.How should i individually classify these users using SU01 and what type of user should i give to both the developer user and other users.I have the following details in my license data of users.What should i specify there.

2)Coming to our Production system WE HAVE 70 users in our system but we have don't have the details like specified above.Foe eg:Shop floor user.That option is not thre in SU01.I have the following details:

I also want to know how to combine the results of both DEV and PRD system and how to load them to LAW file.Requst you to help since this is urgent.

Regards,

Adarsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh

Using Transaction code USMM follow the steps in DEV & PRD systems.

1. Measure all systems that are relevant for measurement, including the central system
  2. Classify the users of all systems according to their activity in the system
  3. No need for usage of user type multi-client (ID11)
  4. Start system measurement
  5. Download the measurement results: System measurement  Export to LAW File

(Or by executing the report RSLAW_PLUGIN via transaction SA38)

1. Save the measurement data according to the proposed file name

Any one of the system you can  upload the measurement plan into LAW (Using transaction SLAW)

then follow the four Control LAW steps:

1. Import the system measurements into the central system
  2. Combine the different user records of one person
  3. Consolidate to a resulting user type
  4. Send the consolidated data to SAP

Regards

SS

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for your reply, but i want a bit more information n the 2nd point :

Classify the users of all systems according to their activity in the system

Could you please tell me how to go through this.

Thanks&Regards,

Adarsh

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh

1. Have you define the each user id license type? Using the transaction code SU01

2. In think for user classify you have to contact your local SAP account manager. Because each system it may different license types, for example I will share the information how we did in our environment license types for each user id.

For example: in all the systems user licence type we have define as mention below:-

1. mySAP ERP  Developer,

2. mySAP ERP Professional,

3. mySAP ERP Limited Professional

4.  Test

Basis admin user id can be exist in all the systems you can define the license type as a "Professional" during the finial consolidation time using the transaction SLAW  it will count as a single user license. Same think applicable for end users.

Regards

SS