cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2015 - Some icons missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a completely clean virtual machine with Visual Studio 2015 RTM. In this Virtual Machine, I installed Crystal Reports Support Pack 14 (v.13.0.14.1720) and everything looks great, except some icons are missing in the command bar:

Is this a known issue?

Thank you very much in advance!

André Lima
Microsoft MVP - Windows Application Development

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Currently SP 14 only supports the RC build but thank you for noticing. I'll let R&D know you may have found something and see what they have to say.

It is likely a Report Template or Project template that is not integrated completely.

What OS are you using and did you create the report in the IDE or add it to your project?

Windows or WEB app?

Don

0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I just installed the latest build and same thing, using Windows 7 and Community edition of VS 2015.

I've forwarded this post url to DEV so they are aware I have confirmed it also.

When you mouse over the buttons they do work, like you said, just the icons are missing...

Thanks again.

Don

0 Kudos

Dev confirmed it is an issue and we should be able to get this fixed in SP 15. Unless it's a VS issue which was the case in VS 2008. If we can fix it we will and if not we'll let MS know there is a problem...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Don! Thank you very much for your support!

André Lima

0 Kudos

Here's the KBA number also: 2202102

Issue should be fixed in SP 15

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

What is the expected release date for SP 15?

Thanks,

Praveen.

0 Kudos

End of September likely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I just installed the latest SP (15) and, unfortunately, this bug is still present. Can anyone confirm that? If so, is there a plan to fix this issue?

Thank you very much,

André Lima

Microsoft MVP - Windows Platform Development

0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Ah yes so it is... DEV was in full upgrade mode to get off of VS C++ 2005 dependencies in BOE 4.2 so they had little resources to fix this and a few other issues.

I did get confirmation that this was a problem and assumed it would have been fixed but it did not...

Also discovered SP 15 will not install onto a Windows 10 x86 image...

All I can say is hopefully it will make it into SP 16 due out end of year/ early January, no date set yet.

Don

PS - in the mean time use a Trial version of CR Designer 2013 if you need to edit reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don. OK, thanks for the reply. Let's wait for SP 16 then.

Answers (0)