cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple agents for approval in Leave request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented the PT_ABS_REQ Badi method GET_MULTIPLE_APPROVERS where I extract and return the wanted approvers for our Leave request workflow.

When choosing the fx. vacation in the FPM leave request application the correct amount of approvers is being displayed and after pressing send the workflow(copy of WF12300111 - I have also tried with WF33700137) the workflow is correct started but in the first approval step only the first agent is shown and the container only holds the data for the first agent.

Is it necessary to implement BadI PT_GEN_REQ as well to update the workflow with all the agents fx. in the filter_agent method?

and if yes should I extract the agents from the PTREQ_APPROVER table.

br

Jesper

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You ll see all the agents in the screen, but first step approval will be routed to the first approver

what is the issue you are having?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I need all the approvers to be first approver in the workflow so first step will be in multiple approvers inbox.

This is not done even thou I have more than one approver in the GET_MULTIPLE_APPROVER method.

I have now  created a rule which finds the "remaining" agents and add them to the Agent list but I was just thinking that this does seem a bit much work just to get more than one agent as first approver.

BR

Jesper

Former Member
0 Kudos

And when checking the container after the rule there is two agents as seen but only the one that is defaultet as FirstAgent is in the inbox list??

I want both to be in the notification/inbox list as seen in screenshot two.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

is the issue still with

WF33700137? Can you check if this allows?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried with this accordingly and here the agent are not even being populated.

Actually I have closed down the Get Multipli approver feature on the FPM "side" for now as seen below and I am concentrating on getting more than one approver in the Approve step which is the most important for us at the moment. so now all the focus is on the WF part.

Below you can see what is being returner by my Rule in the approve step.

The WF91000032 is a copy of 12300111 as we do not need the next processer functionality in WF33700137.

ACTOR_TAB:

Processer processing for the chosen type - Here Vacation 1010.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

i m not clear of the issue, are you not getting the approver? are you using BADI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have implemented pt_abs_req and is using this and in the first approver step of WF91000032 I have created my own rule with a FM.

This function module is retrieving the manager of the Leave Req owner AND the assistant of the Manager(we do not use substitution) so the approve notification should go to multiple approvers in one level.

As you can see in the third picture in the last post there are only one approver in the recipient list even thou I have two agents returned by my FM as seen in screenshot two.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

since you are not using multiple approver, try using PT_GEN_REQ?

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/Leave+Request++Various+Configuraton+Steps