Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of Records Vs Number of Data Objects

former_member209217
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on MM_SPSTOCK archiving object . I have given around 5000 records for archiving and the write and delete step have been successfully completed. I checked the spool and there I could see that number of data objects written were just 20 out of 5000. This number is no where near to 5000

Is this number of data objects different from number of records in the file. I also checked the material numbers and deleted the duplicate materials and I am left with 9 materials. Even if we say that Data Objects count is about number of unique materials, that wasn't matching here too.

Can someone shed light on this?

Regards,

Lakshman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What else does the spool file say (it lists errors and reasons why a record cannot be archived), what info is in the job log?

How many records do you have in the archive if you read it via the READ button in SARA?

Have you cross checked with SE16 at table MCHA whether all your expected batches have been archived?

former_member209217
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Jurgen,

I have attached the files for your reference.

I have selected 5000 records but no of objects were shown as 44 and Job Log says 100% of the objects were processed.

I checked in MCHA and MCHB tables as well. All those records were archived and I couldn't see even one record means archiving is completed without any errors.

Best Regards,

Lakshman

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can confirm that I have as well such weird numbers for data objects, checked some spools from 2008 and 2011, some were pretty close to the archived batches just 1 record difference, others were apart by many thousand.

I personally look more at the table statistics, how much records got removed from MCH1 and MCHA etc.

I think this numbers are retrieved with function module ARCHIVE_GET_INFORMATION

Open it in SE37 and click the button for documentation on top right.

then scroll down and click the hyperlink for

OBJECT_NUMBER_IN_FILE

OBJECT_NUMBER_IN_RUN

SAP explains there how they get the object number, they talk about a "handle", so I think this object number is pretty useless information for a user.

former_member209217
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If that's the case then definitely users might get confused with these numbers. I did check the documentation of Function Module. My thinking is that this number wouldn't always match the total number of records in the file .