cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP B1 demo system - posting periods

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am preparing for the B1 certification exam.  I am working through TB1000 (logistics) and have installed a system and loaded the Demo company for South Africa and USA.  My problem is that the current posting period is about 2 years in the past!  I cannot continue with the excercise  to save a sales order (convert a quote to an order).  can I simply do the following:

1. go straight to TB1100 (Finance/Accounting) and read the module 4 Posting Periods

2. follow instructions to close every period until the current date.

3. continue with TB1000.

OR, should I create new posting periods (read the module in TB1100, then read the relevant module in TB1200 admin) and continue with TB1000.  what is the quickest and easiest and safest route for me?  this is a Demo system, but I do not want to break it:)

OR, anything else?

regards

Satish

Message was edited by: Satish Soni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

ok, here is the exact message I get when I logon.  this is a popup message:

System date deviates from all company's fiscal years.  create a new posting that cor system data.  Otherwise creating journal entries is not recommended.

(I wrote it exactly as the popup.  "...that cor system...")

so I guess that I need to create a new posting period.

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you need to create a new posting period in order to continue..

Rgds

Kennedy

0 Kudos

thank you.  I am now reading the chapter on posting periods.  I will send an update soon.

0 Kudos

I created 2 new periods using "admin -> system initialization -> Posting-Period".  One for 2014 and one for 2015.  both have 'year' sub periods.  I hope that this does not cause problems for the rest of TB1000 and TB1100. 

I managed to save my sales quote successfully.  the exercise was to create a draft sales quote and save it (not to convert the quote to order).

thanks for your help.

Satish

Answers (0)