Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install SAP NetWeaver AS Java 7.0 EHP 3

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have noticed, that SAP has released EHP 3 for NetWeaver AS Java 7.0:

I wanted to make a test installation of it, but unfortunately no SWPM supports it! In the normal SWPM

it is not listed at all and in the 70SWPM... there is an option to install an ABAP system ONLY:

And this is the LATEST SWPM available on the marketplace...

Please kindly advise what is the trick in order to get this installed 🙂 Thanks a lot in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Symon,

When you run an installation, there are a few medias that you must use, like:
- SAP Kernel Media

- RDBMS media

- Export media

When you are going to install a Java system, you also requires the Java Component media, which is the one you have in the screenshot you provided. If the system you are installing will be an ABAP stack, the java component media is not required.

If you want to install a Java system with SAP_BASIS 7.31, you must install a SAP NetWeaver 7.31 Java, using SWPM* media (not 70SWPM* which only installs systems based on SAP NetWeaver 7.03).

There is no Java system based on SAP NetWeaver 7.03, only based on SAP NetWeaver 7.31.

The Java component media you found should be used to install a SAP NetWeaver 7.31.

Regards,

Henrique Girardi

SAP Active Global Support

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Henrique,

then, in other words, what you are saying is, that SAP got its media wrongly labeled...

former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

It is a little bit confusing, since SAP NetWeaver 7.03 and NetWeaver 7.31 are the same. However, as there is no Java 7.03, it could be misunderstanding.

Regards,

Henrique Girardi

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't know about 7.03, but you can already see that the media is labelled as EHP3.

I have installed it through the SWPM menu for EHP 2 for NetWeaver 7.0.

It then looks like Java 7.0 (unfortunately).

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Symon,

This discussing created a lot of confusion.

Basically, SAP NetWeaver 7.03 and 7.31 are the same, since both has SAP_BASIS 7.31. The difference is the technology used.

There is no SAP NetWeaver 7.03 Java. The java remains in the SAP NetWeaver 7.02.

SAP_BASIS 7.31 on java is only bsed on SAP NetWeaver 7.31.

Regards,

Henrique Girardi

-------------------------------------

#2081285 - How to enter good search terms to an SAP search?

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2081285

Software Provisioning Manager Troubleshooting documents:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-62646

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Henrique,

thanks for your opinion, it overlaps completely with what I could find out thus far.

But in order to support your statement, I would kindly like you to additionally explain

the purpose of the 51041983 media, shown in the screenshot of my first post.

Many thanks in advance!

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Symon

Kindly refer the SAP installation guide to find the right installation media from the SMP link http://service.sap.com/guidefinder - Select the SAP version, OS /DB & task - Installation.

Regards

SS

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see Note 1637366 - Installation of SAP EHP3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0

With the shipment of SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0, only installations of SAP Business Suite 7 Innovations 2011 and Add-Ons requiring a standalone installation of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 are supported.

This note describes recommendations and restrictions for installation of SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (section 1), updating or upgrading to SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (section 2), and special restrictions for Process Integration (section 3).

1. Installation

Installing Usage Types AS JAVA, EP, BW, MI, DI, and PI is not supported.

Thanks,

Mofizur

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Mofizur,

thanks, this sounds helpful! Even if I can't install Java 7.0 EHP 3 as a standalone system, can I install it is an add-on to an already existing ABAP installation (dual stack) ? This would also be a viable solution to my question!

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

As per the note that seems to be possible but not sure.

With the shipment of SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0, only installations of SAP Business Suite 7 Innovations 2011 and Add-Ons requiring a standalone installation of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 are supported.

Thanks,

Mofizur

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

Your issue us resolved now?

Thanks,

Mofizur

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Not yet, Mozifur, when I have time, I will install just an ABAP system and will then try to install the Java as an add-on. But I am very very skeptical about this, as dual stack and java add-on systems are no longer supported. The only exceptions here are Solution Manager and PI. And even, the solution manager on Hana is no longer dual stack 😕

And even - I STILL think that NetWeaver AS Java 7.0 EHP 3 can be somehow installed, why would then SAP publish the media if it can't be installed...

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Symon,

Do have a look at this:

Sunny gives good details and SCN links on this matter in this.

Regards,
Hemanth

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below information can be helpful..

Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP08 supports (for details, see the SAP Note for your use case listed below):

• With SWPM10SPxx_PL.SAR:
    • Products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.1x, 7.3x
    • Products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.4 Support Release 1*, Support Release 2
    • SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1x and 7.2

• With 70SWPM10SPxx_PL.SAR:
    • SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (including Enhancement Package 1, 2, 3)
    • SAP Business Suite 7i 2011, 2010, 7 SR1, 2005 SR3 based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (including Enhancement Package 1, 2, and 3)
    • SAP Solution Manager 7.0 (including EHP1 Support Release 1) and 7.1 Support Release 1

Thanks,

Mofizur