Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal detail page not getting displayed for specific user Portal

itsRahul
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Portal Experts

I'm facing a issue where in a user is trying to update his personal details in ESS.

However upon clicking the link in detailed navigation area he is getting either a blank screen or a time out error.

I checked in NWA but only exception I could trace was a null pointer exception for the activity.

The data exists in back end and also the roles and authorizations are properly assigned.

The EP version in 7.3

PFA exception details.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

Hope you are doing good.

The error is:

OAL: Error while accessing list of variants of deployable object=sap.com/ess~gb~bank, application=com.sap.xss.hr.per.gb.bank.Per_Bank_GB. Causing exception is nested.

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.portal.pers.ObjectAccessException: An error occured while reading the variant list

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.task.ITask.getScope() of an object loaded from local variable 'task'

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.portal.impl.PortalUtils.getPortalEnvironment(PortalUtils.java:215)

As you would be aware, a java.lang.NullPointerException exception is a runtime Exception thrown by the JVM when your application code,  other referenced API(s) or middleware (Weblogic, WAS, JBoss...)  is attempting to invoke an instance method of a null object or modify a particular field of a null object.

is it possible to redeploy the BP and SCAs related to ESS again on the server (please use the force option as mentioned in SAP KBA 1715441 ).

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth
SAP Active Global Support

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

itsRahul
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I'm still facing the issue.

We checked from backend, the user has all the required access.

Any help will be appreciated on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

can you please remove user personalization in Portal  and replicate the same issue in diffrent Environment.

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Did you check application parameter 'sap-ie=EDGE' in launch pad customizing as mentioned in the note 1935713 ?

itsRahul
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan

There is no personalization as I cleared it.

0 Kudos

Hey Rahul,

Try this out

Go to your Content administration-->Portal Content -->Right click on the Portal Content-->Click on Permissions and set the permissions as shown below.

Cheers,

Nimisha

itsRahul
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nimisha

Thanks for your response, I checked the permissions for the roles/iviews and they are as expected.

As I mentioned this is only occurring for one user particularly.

0 Kudos

Hey Rahul,

I had faced the same issue for my id where in my colleagues id the page was displayed fine.When digged into the issue we found out that the permissions may be a reason that it was behaving differently for a single user id .I suggest you tweak around the permissions and refresh and probably the page then should be displayed.Check permissions for System Objects as well.Are you by any chance using a federated portal network?

0 Kudos

Do not check for roles or iviews.Right on the portal content folder that u see when you hit the content management-->portal content management.->Right click on portal content as shown below and then check for permissions

itsRahul
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nimisha

Surely I will check as you asked.

No we are not using federated portal.

itsRahul
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nimisha

I tried the step, how ever now it is giving me below error.

com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.java.FPMRuntimeException: You do not have the authorization to start service sap.com/ess~gb~pdata/Per_Personal_GB_13.

Should this be looked from portal or security perspective.

I tried searching SDN and got few blogs which suggested that the issue may persist due to some some role in back end.

From Portal is there any way to debug this.

0 Kudos

Hey Rahul,

I too searched on this exception and apparently this happens when the user at the front end is not mapped to the user at the back end.

Found an scn link as well which elaborates the issue faced and solution provided.

From what i could derive this is something we need to check at the backend first and then co relate with the portal side as well as it is pertaining to user mapping.Please check out the link below.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You are missing the personal id and perner assignment for your user id.

you need to maintain the perner for your user id and tehn it will work.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

itsRahul
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh

Thanks for your reply.

If its not too much trouble can you please guide me as to how I can achieve this.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

It will be better if you take a help from HR functional member.

You have to run the transaction PA30 and perform the activity by creating a new employee.

The error "com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.java.FPMRuntimeException: You do not have the authorization to start service sap.com/ess~gb~pdata/Per_Personal_GB_13" is related to the PERNR setup only.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi