cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Keep BOBJ Dashboard CUID when Transforming iView to PRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As we put our BOBJ Dashboard into EP iView, and the identification is BOBJ CUID. When we transforming EP confirmation from DEV to QAS/PRO, the setting of EP and the authority will be adjusted. But the BOBJ CUID of each iView will be the same as it's in DEV, we must change it manually.

Is there any solution to fix this? Many thanks.

Jamie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Huafang,

Two questions:

1]Are you using Webi Reports for your dashboards where in you are creating reports based  out of Universe fields which in turns is based on a database structure?

2]Once the dashboards are ready ,aren't you transporting your reports from DEV to QAS in WebI Rich Client Launchpad?

Cheers,

Nimisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimisha,

Thanks for your reply. For your condition, I'm sorry to tell you, We just use BW query as the data source of Dashboard.So the point will be transport of CUID(when Dashboard is transported from DEV to QAS/PRO, Can iView get the updated CUID?)

Many Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jamie

0 Kudos

Hey Jamie,

CUID for each report is a uniquely generated id.In Portal across the systems such as Sandbox,Development and Quality only the system objects would change as they would have hostnames configured accordingly.There fore there is no need to update the CUID of the iviews manually as once transported from sandbox to development and so on ,the CUID remains the same.

Hope this clarifies the doubt.

Regards,

Nimisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimisha,

Thanks for your further rely. But I'm afraid maybe you didn't get my point. My point is the CUID of BOBJ Report in each iView will be different from one BOBJ System to another, so we need to change those CUID to make it point to the same report.

E.g, in DEV an iView named "Finance Analysis", contains BOBJ report whoes CUID is "AABBCCDDEE";

in QAS, when we import the EP set into QAS from DEV, the same iView "Finance Analysis", contains same BOBJ report whoes CUID still is "AABBCCDDEE". But in QAS, this BOBJ report's CUID is "AABBCCDDFF" , so we need to change the cuid manually.

My question is :

is there any solution to fix this(keep the cuid of BOBJ updated(automatically point to "AABBCCDDFF" in QAS ))?

Is it much clearer now?

Many thanks.

Jamie