cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA memory limit error appears with multiple instances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I had encounter a error message while during the system health check using the command "

./saphana-support-ibm.sh -c" on the HANA SYSTEM. We have IBM System x3950 X5 -[7143HBA]- [06AP195] with the total memory(RAM) of 1009.89 GB.

Scenario

I have installed multiple instance running on one HANA system whereby the error says that " At least one of the installed SAP HANA  SIDs  has no memory limit. See FAQ #1."  Although I have defined the allocation memory correctly as per the SAP standard.

If anyone has come across such issue before please kindly share the solution and your assistance will be highly appreciated.

-Warm Regards,

Yonten Tshering

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

michael_devine
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

Information on HANA memory limits is available in the IBM HANA Appliance "Hardware, Operating System, and GPFS Operations Guide".

Download the latest version from SAP Note 1650046. Information on memory limits is FAQ #1 (Appendix F).

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yonten,

The error is not generic to a HANA System, it a result of the script from IBM

I agree with Steffen

In any case just share the memory allocation(check global_allocation_limit) you have set on the HANA system.

check if you have any memory allocation defined at both SYSTEM and HOSTS level

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

Please find below my global_allocation_limit for 4 SIDs on one hana box:

1. 240 GB

2. 300 GB

3. 180 GB

4. 180 GB

Memory allocation is defined only on SYSTEM not on HOST level..

-Warm Regards,

Yonten Tshering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yonten,

I suggest dig a little deeper and review the saphana-support script from your vendor and look which command of the script drops the error. Then hunt along this one. Probably most people here are not familiar with IBM's scripts...

Cheers

Steffen