cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infocube data deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

I want to delete entire data from an infocube. From the context menu of infocube, i have deleted the data. It has thrown "Time Out" error message.

When i check number of entries in E,F and dimension tables, it is showing the count as Zero. But the requests are still visible in the Manage screen of Infocube.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Harish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs.

The issue got solved. We deleted the uncompressed requests manually from request tab in infocube.

Then we deleted the data using 'delete data' from context menu of the infocube. Strange, but worked.

Thank you,

Harish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harish,

Kindly refer the below doc, this will help you to reduce the request id in your info provider,

Note 1431315:P24: Reducing very large request lists in InfoCubes and DSOs

Once you reduce the request try again to delete the data in your cube.

Hope it will help

Thanks

Vijayendra

former_member210321
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Either way is to delete it form the tables:

RSICCONT

RSMONICDP

RSREQICODS

RSREQDONE

RSBKREQUEST

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

When you drop content of data, it should not show the request.

Just check with Basis team, it might lock in table in backend.

regards,

satya.

former_member586947
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harish,

Issue is may be due to huge data in cube. Also when you delete the data from context menu of the cube, dialogue process will be allocated for the deletion activity and temp tables get filled during this activity. 

If the data is huge, request your basis team to delete the the E and F fact tables. They will do the TRUNCATE for deleting the tables. Then you try deleting the data from the context menu of the cube including dimension table entries.

Regards,

Satya.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try to test RSRV on your E/F fact tables. it may shows any inconsistencies. correct it if any.

Request your basis team to delete the data from E/F fact tables thru SE14 or Ask them adjust and activate the E/F fact tables.

Later you can check data at cube, it may shows as 0.

Thanks