cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Log into BOE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to maintain a Crystal Reports 2011 installation. I didn't write the reports nor set up the instance. All reports and BOE are on the same machine. I can no longer log into the Business Objects Repository even though the machine name, user, password and authentication method of Enterprise have been input. The only thing that has changed is that the Win 2008 server, which resides on AWS, has been upgraded, which changed the internal address of the machine. Is that the potential problem and where would this be fixed?

Thanks

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well there could be 2 problems here :

1. Easy one - if the server name changed, just use that new server name to login and see if it works.

2. Hard one - if the OS was upgraded, your CR Server install on it might be no longer functional, in which case it could be hard to restore. So, check if CMS process is still running and you can login to manage servers from CCM on the server machine itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis:

1) I verified that the server name hadn't changed so unfortunately the easy solution appears to be out.

2) The CR instance appears to still work with all reports that don't have a command query filed in the BOE. It is just the one report that uses a command in the BOE that fails because the query doesn't execute. Not sure what the CCM is? Is it callable in some way from this Win 2008 Server?

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not familiar with CCM, i'll be very hard for you to resolve this..
Please review Admin guide to get familiar with it.

When you say CR instances work -- where and how do you access them if you can't login ? (your screenshot)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I say the CR instance 'works' I mean that 5 of the reports that don't use anything in the BOE work fine. They reference tables in the Mysql databases that I am using and run fine via the ODBC interfaces to the databases on other machines.

I am not familiar with CCM but will take a look via the admin guide.

Thanks for taking time to help me with this.

Mike O'Brien

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, so this is different - CR reports work because they are not published in to CR Server and do not use any of the server services.

What you see in the error - is related to server processes. either they are not running and need to be started, or they are not running due to OS upgrade - in which case it might be possible to fix them or you'll need a re-install...

So definitely review the Admin guide to get familiar with architecture and function of CR server components, then determine what's not running and why.