cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI4.1 SP6 New Install - CMC and BI Launchpad issues

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have just completed a new install of BI4.1 SP6 for a client, but I'm seeing a number of issues in the CMC and BI Launchpad:

Logging in to the CMC, it looks like the login is good (the authentication screen goes away) and then this error appears in a pink box at the top of the screen:

while trying to invoke the method
com.businessobjects.swd.shared.actioncache.ICafAction.getProperty(com.businessobjects.swd.shared.actioncache.PropertyKey)
of a null object loaded from local variable 'action'

The URL at this point is: http://localhost/BOE/CMC/1507281554/admin/App/appService.jsp

I am able to log in to BI Launchpad with no problems.  However, the Preferences, Help menu, and Logoff buttons at the top don’t do anything.
The only option on the right-click menu for a report is “Details” and selecting it throws this error: 

This error occurred: com.businessobjects.swd.shared.actioncache.RelationshipKey@7a2e3bb8: 4336

I’m not seeing anything in the Tomcat logs that would indicate a problem.

Doing a Repair install didn't fix the problem and using wdeploy to redeploy the website didn't either.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-Dell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ShailendarAnugu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

Please check the windows event logs for more details:

if the error in Event viewer says SIA Objects for SIA missing, please follow the note:

2031650 - CMS.exe does not come up after un-clustering one node from
the cluster in 4.x

Thanks,

Shailu.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not the issue.

After discussing the situation with several of my co-workers, their recommendation is to uninstall SP6, install SP5 and then upgrade it to SP6.  Apparently there have been a lot of problems with the installer for SP6 not getting things completely setup.

-Dell

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SP5 install didn't work - I see the same issue here.  Digging into the install logs, it turns out that there are 5 DFO files that did not install into the database like they were supposed to.  I'm not sure why they didn't install - the install log doesn't give that information, just that the objects failed to install.

I will post a new topic about this error.

-Dell

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please post that link here? We are preparing to install SP6 so this is very pertinent to us.

Noel

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3777873

It may be an issue with connecting to SQL Server for the repository, but the issue occurred with both SP5 and SP6.  I've done a number of successful installs for clients with a SQL Server repository with no issues, so I think this is something specific to this client's setup.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dell,

Was the installation itself "completed successfully" OR "completed but with errors"?

Check the following directory: <install root>\setup\packagestemp\

Ideally this folder should be empty.

Are you able to login to Launchpad, AdminTools, Client tools (like WebI Rich Client, etc.)?

Primarily, check if the CMS is up and running (Task manager -> Processes -> find CMS.exe).

-Sid

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, and this is installed on Windows Server 2012 R2.  And it doesn't matter whether the SIA is run under the local service account or a specific AD services account.

-Dell

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dell,

"a new install of BI4.1 SP6", is it FULL installation or an upgrade from the previous version?

Regards,

Jin-Chong

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Full new install - not an upgrade.

-Dell