cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis 2.0 add excel formula between BW hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, 

I created a BW query where we leverage GL accounts hierarchy from ECC. 

Users have the ability to expand the node within the hierarchy.  Now, we want to add a formula for example Net Revenue minus COGS between the hierarchy.  In 2.0, we insert a row by clicking on new cells icon.  But the excel formula we set is gone after refresh.  Is there a workaround to have the excel formula there after refresh? Thank you very much for your insight. 

Lynn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

our requirement is to insert a row and sum up  between 2 rows.  Is there any workaround to accomplish it? thanks

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lynn:

Have you considered using formula mode, as described in the SAP Help? http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AMS12/en/12_aaoffice_user_sp5_en.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I've tried to used formula but then all content in the report is converted to SAP formulas. I am not able to expand or collapse the hierarchy within the report.

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

You are correct, currently new rows does not persist any data, planned to be in further releases(2.1)

for workaround, you can create formulas in Query designer and use it

or

in analysis office you can use calculations from ribbon menu

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subhash for your quick response. 

I tried to create a formula in query designer but then we have to use structure and can't fully leverage hierarchy from ECC.  can't expand, drill down hier node. 

on the calculation ribbons, I didn't see Add, subtract formula..here is what I see.. Please help!!

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

Select Two columns which you want perform calculation from your screen shot, you have selected only one measure

Subhash