cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The page numbers are not reset based on group though Crystal Report API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i run a report through Crystal Report tool the page numbers are reset based on group say (1/3,2/3,3/3  : 1/2,2/2) but when i run the report though my application the page numbers are not reset based on group and the page numbers shown in the report through application is 1/5,2/5,3/5,4/5,5/5.

I have analysed and tried all the possible setting such “Page reset before”, ”Page reset After” . Even the total page count when run through Crystal tool is based on group but through my application it counts for the complete report page count irrespective of grouping. It seems to be a limitation in  Crystal API. 

Analysed and found that this might be an issue and  that the crystal API might not have the implementation to do "Reset Page Number After" based on group as we have in crystal report tool. Hence due to this the PageNumbers are not displayed based on group(say-1/3,2/3,3/3) when run the report through application.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1717253 , the following thread specified that it might be fixed in latest version but even in crystal report 2011 , the issue is not fixed and hence not able to achieve page reset based on group.

Please suggest a solution to achieve this result.

Jar Name : jrcerom.jar , Implementation-Version: 12.2.213.1476

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There has been no update to the CR SDK for Eclipse since this issue was reported. At this time, I have not heard of any planned updates either... Thus only suggestion I'd have is to try the work-around described in the Discussion you referenced in you OP.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

0 Kudos

Moved to Java SDK forum