cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

periodic process chain ignores settings.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I scheduled a process chain to run every hour between 9:00 and 18:00.

So Settings are:

planed start: 28.07.2015 09:00:00

no start after: 28.07.2015 18:00:00

and repeat every hour as periodic value.

The chain started as expected and runs every hour BUT it does not stop after 18:00:00. I reschedulöed it a few times over the last days. Did not help.

So how can I achieve that the chain runs every day between 9 and 18 in an one hour period?

Thanx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hauke,

The standard scheduling options of Process Chains (using t/codes like RSPC or RSPC1) do not offer functionality for a time window like "between 09:00 and 18:00 h". The No Start After option has a different function. It's meant as the last permitted start date/time.

The on-line help says the following:

"Enter the last permitted start date for your background job. If the job is not started before this date, the background processing system characterizes it as cancelled. The job is not processed.

Defining a "start window" with this field is useful if you schedule a job, for example, which is repeated in short intervals. If the system is started after maintenance or shutdown, the job repetitions which did not take place during the shutdown, do not have to be processed. Processing of the job repetitions is not necessary because the job will soon be repeated anyway."

You might have to find another constellation in the Process Chain or use an external scheduling tool.

Best regards,

Sander

0 Kudos

Okay - thank you, then I will add some ABAP coding that checks the time and starts the chain if it is in the intervall. Hoped for an "easy" solution.

Best regards,

Hauke

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hauke,

Just an idea for another approach. You could consider to enhance your Process Chain with Decision Between Multiple Alternatives. Here you can check on local system time (SYST-TIMLO). If the system time is between 09:00 and 18:00 h, then execute the normal process steps, otherwise end.

This way the Process Chain will run hourly, but only between 09:00 and 18:00 h it will execute the process steps. Outside the time window it will immediately stop processing.

Best regards,

Sander

Answers (0)