cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CCtr on Windows 10

Roman_Errapart
Participant
0 Kudos

Today is a day when Windows 10 arrives and customers will start upgrading their PC-s.

Has anyone already tested it? Will SAP CCtr run on Windows 10.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have created KBA 2315845 for this issue.

Please check what windows time setting you are using. And also check CDT log to see if there's error like mentioned in this KBA note. If so, please follow the KBA.

Best Regards,

James Chi

Roman_Errapart
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James Chi,

Thank you very much for the note and advice!

It was very helpful.

The easiest fix was through regedit.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\sTimeFormat

There was a dot instead of a colon before seconds.

I replaced it with colon and all works.

Here:

Checked the CDT logs again and it is now clean from errors as well.

Great!

Best regards,

Roman

former_member187604
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks James!

For anyone coming across this issue, you could add (either here or in your support incident) some of the related error lines

[dispatchEventCDT.jsc] [ERR] getCurrent...
[calendar.htm] [ERR] fParseDate...

from your CDT log, together with information about your date and time locale settings, as examples.

BR
-Lasse

Roman_Errapart
Participant
0 Kudos
07:40:19.093[dispatchEventCDT.jsc][ERR]getCurrent -> Time delimiter (:) mismatch with time format (H:mm.ss)0
07:40:19.095[dispatchEventCDT.jsc][ERR]getCurrent -> Time delimiter (:) mismatch with time format (H:mm.ss)0
07:40:19.097[dispatchEventCDT.jsc][ERR]getCurrent -> Time delimiter (:) mismatch with time format (H:mm.ss)0
07:40:19.828[dispatchEventCDT.jsc][ERR]getCurrent -> Time delimiter (:) mismatch with time format (H:mm.ss)0

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Do you have any idea why there were a dot in that field? I'm asking to understand how widely spread this issue is. As far as I know the values are goming from regional settings, which are maintained by Microsoft.

Can you check what region settings are in use? I could then check if the same can be reproduced here and maybe see how many regions has the same.

Regards,
Jukka

Roman_Errapart
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

The Windows 10 Pro PC has following settings:

Default language is English (United States)

Default Region is Estonia with Estonian date, time and number formats.

And as I see it the Estonian time format is somehow putting the dot in the time format:

Best regards,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

A big thank you goes to James and Roman!

My computer has the same configuration as Roman's - Win10 Pro with default language of English(United States) and default region of Estonia.

I tried Roman's quick-fix of altering sTimeFormat value but it didn't work for me.

So I changed my region to United States and tried CDT - all the dates and times were visible.

Then i changed the region back to Estonian and altered the time format manually from H:mm.ss to H:mm:ss.

After that all the dates and times were visible.

Thanks again!

Erik

former_member187604
Contributor
0 Kudos

Windows 8.1 doesn't offer that representation for Estonian time formatting? Has that changed in Windows 10 / why ?

Roman_Errapart
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lasse,

It seems so.

We haven't had this problem with Windows 8.1 PC-s.

Here are the screenshots of Windows 8.1 PC (computer language English, Region settings Estonian):

Best regards,

Roman

former_member187604
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. Have you checked the reasoning for the change with Microsoft?

BR

-Lasse-

Roman_Errapart
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lasse,

No.

As far as I remember it has always been H:mm:ss for Estonia, but suddenly in Windows 10 it is H:mm.ss.

So I do not know why Microsoft has made that change.

Besr regards,

Roman

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

short update around the topic: we are going to test Win10 + IE combination in SP9 test plan. So, we are planning to add support to coming SP9 release. Of course if there is major findings we might have to postpone the support release.

Regards,
Jukka

former_member290821
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jukka, do you yet have a date for the SP9 release?  I'm just about to roll out SP8 as part of our annual SAP patching routines, but I'm wondering whether to wait for SP9.

Best wishes,

Adele

Roman_Errapart
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Jukka!

Among our customers we have at least few hundred PC-s that have been upgraded to windows 10.

Although it runs stable the notable problem we have seen is with dates in CDT.

For example in History Search the date range calendar is not working, so you have to insert the digits manually and also when you open an item in History then arrival time field is empty.

Best regards

Roman

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adele,

currently planned release time is middle of November.
Of course you should remember that it's currently the plan and that might change.

Regards,
Jukka

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Very good information. Thank you!

I quickly tested the mentioned problem points and:
date range & calendar: opens fine, but to wrong place.
time field is empty: also this seems to work nicely in my enviroment.

Could you share screenshots from these? Just checking that we are speaking about the same fields?

Regards,
Jukka

Roman_Errapart
Participant
0 Kudos

Here when open the History Search dialogue window when choosing from calendar the date is not inserted into the field. Instead there is N/A. Although I can insert the date manually.

When opening in History for example a call to see further details then Arrivale Time is missing:

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

We have been trying to reproduce the issues but no luck. To avoid ping pong here could you please create a ticket and attach CDT logs?

Regards,
Jukka

former_member290821
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jukka,  I was just wondering whether SP9 release is still on track for the middle of this month?  Would you happen to have any news on this?  We will apply it to our early acceptance servers if it is ready.

Many thanks,

Adele

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adele,

small delay in the process. Planned release date went one month forward.

Regards,
Jukka

former_member290821
Participant
0 Kudos

No problem - thanks for the update.

Best wishes,

Adele

former_member290821
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jukka,

How is the SP9 release schedule going?  Let me know if/when you have a new release date. 

More importantly - I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU! for all your help and support during 2015 and best wishes for Christmas and the coming year.

Adele

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adele,

SP9 planned release date is now mid-January 2016.

Regards,
Jukka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

I have the same issue as Roman pointed out.

Were you able to find what was causing the missing arrival time in call further details and N/A in CDT History search dialogue?

I would like to add to previous issues missing date and time in CDT Tools->Calls->Missed.

Regards,

Erik

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

at the moment I don't have ETA for Windows 10 support to give. But we are anyhow speaking about some future service pack. SP9 might come too soon and I would say that SP10 is more realistic option. Please note that this is not an promise but only an early guess.

Meanwhile would be nice to hear how many of your customers has started upgrade project? From the history we have seen that customer are not too eager to upgrade immidiatly after release. Usually it takes half a year of one year before there is real demand.

Regards,
Jukka
SAP Contact Center team

Roman_Errapart
Participant
0 Kudos

When Windows 8 came out then we had several customers who already had some new PCs with Windows 8. But this was not massive. Yesterday one of our customers said that is going to upgrade all PCs to windows 10 in near future.

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the information. I will forward that to our product management and will discuss about the topic with them.

Regards,
Jukka

alexander_kupke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

just a question that is related to this topic also it is kind of a sidetrack at the moment.

As IE 11 is available for Windows 10 (btw. we found installations having it not installed by default but that required installing it separately) I do not see immediate issues with Windows 10 and CDT not getting along.

But to my knowledge, IE 11 is provided as a legacy software to serve compatibility issues only and except for security fixes I was told no further development is planned. The new default browser is supposed to be Microsoft Edge which will be developed from here. (EOL for pre IE 11 versions is January 12. 2016)

Main issue at the moment for SAP Contact Center, Edge no longer supports ActiveX as this is declared a deprecated technology by Microsoft itself.

Are there already plans on what could come next as a client? As to know a CDT based on ActiveX components seems to be a feasible way to go only for a certain time to come. (No, not an immediate issue, but as time goes by...)

BR

Alexander

former_member187604
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander

You bring up a valid point.

I am confident product management will communicate about the future plans in due course..

As to the IE 11 and WIndows 10 concerns, Microsoft has e.g. the following resources:

BR
-Lasse

thies_laemmke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

I upgraded a Windows 7 Pro computer to Windows 10 Pro N today. IE11 is still a part of it and you can start CDT (7.0.8.102). CDT seems to function as well. However until SAP puts Windows 10 on the list of supported OS, I guess you cannot be sure that it functions correctly, and I guess there is no help to get at SAP if it doesn't.

Thies