cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to hide a column in webdynpro ABAP OVS

0 Kudos

we use ovs to provide search help.

but in the result table, we want to hide the GUID column, is there any way to hide the columns in webydnpro ABAP OVS?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your issue resolved?

Thanks

KH

0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue resolved.

My solution is to use a domain routine to convert the GUID to the text which will display in the UI.

Then from the lead selection, I can get the GUID for later usage, but also user can see mearningful

text in the UI rather than a GUID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good to hear that your issue has been resolved.Pls close the thread .

Thanks

KH

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you pls paste the code which you have written for OVS?...

Thanks

KH

0 Kudos

Hi,

interface IF_WD_OVS is used to set OVS colums, input structure, output table.....

the code for the OVS does not matter since it's a normal webdynpro OVS based on component WDR_OVS.

IF_WD_OVS->set_configuration( ) can be used to set column and table headers in phase 0, but I don't find a possibility to hide some column.

i_ovs_callback->set_configuration(
      label_texts  = lt_label_texts
      column_texts = lt_column_texts
      window_title = lv_window_title
    ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not find a good solution from above post.

using a running number like 1,2,3,4..... and then read the data from internal table by the selected running number can be a solution. but it's not user friendly.

Is there a better solution? this seems to be a general issue of Webdynpro ABAP OVS.

how to hide some sensitive columns like GUID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Other way of hiding the column is by launching the application in customizing mode i.e by adding URL paramter SAP-CONFIG-MODE=X .

After launching the application in customizing mode, open your OVS screen and invisible the column as per your requirment.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

KH

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it a standard way to develop SAP Application?

I mean usually customizing is done by customer and customizing is configuration specific for specific client.

Can SAP deliver standard customizing and release in standard product?

Thanks,

Ody

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes of-course, you can use this customizing logic for our customization or for some UI enhancement too. It's one way of capturing the required UI changes in your customizing TR and you can import to other landscapes.

Please follow the below logic.

1. Open your WDC and test your application using Admin Mode.

2. Go to your required OVS result column and right click on it. Now choose the option 'Settings for Current Configuration'. Change the UI property of Visibility to 'Invisible' and save theose changes in a TR.

Try it once.

BR,

RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not a standard way to develop application but SAP has provided this option to change the application as per our requirement using customizing/admin mode without much coding efforts.

Thanks

KH