Did you mean: 

SAP Syclo work manager 5.3 installation error

0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a desktop version of
SAP Syclo work manager 5.1.1.0 installed
on windows 2003 server.
We are migrating the syclo to windows 2008 R2 server- version used 5.3
(we do not have intallables of 5.1.1.0).
Post installation it throws the error of backend being incompatible.
Attached along with are the screen shots of the process and error
message.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use chrome browser and use the application name as 'SAPWM' .

former_member265714
Participant
0 Kudos

You can also try IE 10 . There are sometimes issues with older browsers

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shashank,

Hi. I just want to also let you know that you are installing a product that is not part of the SAP Product Availability Matrix or in other words it is currently not supported.

If you open an SAP issue or incident tied to SAP Work Manager 5.3, the response you would most likely get is that it is out of support.

Another thing that is going to be a problem is that the platform that SAP Work Manager 5.3 uses is out of extended maintenance on July 31, 2015 (please review: SAP Note # 52505).

So in essence, you have two items that is out of support on your venture here.

We would kindly ask you to review the next options : SAP Work Manager 6.2 released in SMP 3.0.

Please use the later versions so that you would be able to be assisted properly. The older versions may not be available for download.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Thanks for you Reply.

We have installed SMP 3.0 server and 6.2.1 work manager.

Currently, we are facing issues while adding New Application to SMP 3.0.

After entering the details for new application , once we click on save, it throws the following error.

Line: 334

Char: 9

Code: 0

URI: https://mb3ap1066.gdnindia.com:8083/Admin/

Kindly provide your insight on this issue.

Regards,

Shashank.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

One quick thought is to try using a different browser.  I use chrome to access the Admin console as I ran into a number of issues in the past with IE.

--Bill

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shashank,

If the other browser that Bill suggested didn't work, this is what I can suggest based on past issues or what I hear from others.

Try one of the following:

1. Change the ID and Name to what the official name is in the editor (or when you published you will have a named file Name-v1-0-0.agpz  where Name is the Name you will used in the cockpit.
  2. Try to simplify the description.
  3. If item1 or 2 didn't work, then you need to state your SMP 3.0 SPX and PLX version so we have a basis of comparison. You may try to read the cover page or letter (from the release notes) or update from that version to see if there is a quick fix.
  4. Did you try to reboot the computer to see if all it needs is a restart?
  5. What type of OS are you using (Windows 10?) - not supported til end of the year time frame. Some apps supports it but the SMP was targeted end of year or Q4 time frame. I do not have the final date yet.
  6. Try to see what your Java version installed in your PC is. If it is too new (like the latest and greatest), try to see if one level version down or use the Java released in SMP (in the directory where you installed SMP).

Those are the ones I can think off for now. Hope these helps.

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

former_member113639
Participant
0 Kudos

Agentry standlone has reach end of maintenance, you should plan to migrate to SMP 3.0 and use latest work manager 6.2.1

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discussion successfully moved from SMP Developer Center to SAP for Mobile as this version of Agentry WM is not installed on SMP.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG