Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Framework 4.6 Support in BI 4.x?

christian_key2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Now that .NET Framework 4.6 has been released (July 20th 2015 Announcing .NET Framework 4.6 - .NET Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs ) is there any indication that BI 4.1 or BI 4.2 will be supporting it soon?

Thanks,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Technically 4.6 should be 100% backward compatible with 3.5 so it should work. We are adding Windows 10 to the supported Platforms so it should also work, may not use it directly though. 4.1 will still be dependent on 2.0/3.5.

I did not find any reference to it in the internal info but I may be looking in the wrong place.

I'll ping Dev and see if they have anything posted specifically for this framework.

What is your concern?

Don

christian_key2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for your reply. We use the .NET SDK to embed the BI4 platform functionality and OpenDocument links to Webi reports into our .NET solutions as we are an OEM partner with SAP.

I am concerned that if we upgrade our .NET solutions to .NET 4.6 but SAP does not support .NET 4.6 in the PAM. If I raise a support case with SAP in relation to some .NET SDK functionality not working as expected then I may not get any support from SAP as they will say we do not support .NET 4.6.

Would you agree with this?

Chris

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

R&D and product is well aware of the new frameworks, OS's and Browsers coming out and they are in our plans to add them as always but... Until it's been tested and shows up in our PAM's only suggestion is do not update your framework yet.

And correct, until you install a patch that has been tested Support will not be able to do anything for you. It is good to know you found issues of course and report them to us so we can look at the specifics but.... we won't be able to do anything until the next patch release.

Is there any specific reason you are updating to 4.6 other than it's the latest version?

Thanks

Don

Answers (0)