cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom user attribute as an email placeholder?

jolanta_gniadek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a custom user attribute imported from AD let's call it a SI_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTE, based on it I would like to build an email address to send a publication to, something like %SI_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTE%@domain.name.com , however while providing custom attribute name I'm not receiving the SI_CUSTOM_ATTIBUTE value (attribute is imported correctly and I can see the value in the user properties), I imagine that custom attributes might be accessed differently than other default placeholders.

Do you know a syntax for a custom attribute placeholder that could be used in this case? If I would be refering to the attribute in the webi report it would be @Variable('SI_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTE'), but how to refer to it in the email properties?

Regards

Jolanta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"to build an email address to send a publication to, something like %SI_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTE%@domain.name.com"

The Publication utilizes the 'Email' table column; thus, there is no need to define/create a placeholder for dynamic recipients.

The steps are

1.Create a publication with Dynamic recipients that uses Web Intelligence Report as dynamic recipients document.

2.Map fields from the dynamic recipient source document to those used to send the Publication - 'Recipient Id', 'Full Name' and 'Email'.

3.On Destination tab select any destination option. For File Name choose 'Use Specific Name' and add 'User ID', 'Full Name' or 'Email Address' placeholder.

When choose 'Email Address' placeholder, it'd be translated to use %SI_EMAIL_ADDRESS%.

However, if you still has a need to add a custom placeholder of your own, check out SAP KB 1449399 - How to update or add/remove placeholders in BusinessObjects Enterprise/Edge XI 3.X and BI 4.X? on http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1449399.

Note that the correct syntax for Placeholders.bat for :bi4 is set JAVA_HOME=%BOHOME%\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm in order to run this batch scrip correctly.

Regards,

Jin-Chong

jolanta_gniadek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jin-Chong,

Thank you for your reply, I am already using %SI_EMAIL_ADDRESS%, but I need to use the other parameter in CC, therefore the question.

I have been looking into the note 1449399 before, but it seems like I can use windows parameters here and not the user parameters which are stored in the CMS DB on BO. Listing placeholders provided in the script doesn't show publication placeholders, but server ones I would like to have a possibility of defining a custom placeholder that comes from an imported user attribute.

Best regards,

Jolanta