cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting G/L Account data Balances and distinguishing by Cost Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirememnt where i should create a structure that has G/L Accounts, Aggregated Total and the Cost Center that  distinguishes the Gl Accounts. What is my best bet? Currently i have tried two methods: 1) using a generic datasource like 0fi_gl_10 but it doesn't have cost center information(located in table COEP. Also 2) i have tried to create a customized structure in which i do get the 'cost centers' but i cant get the 'accumulated balance field'(which is in 0fi_gl_10). Only fields such as TSL01, TSL02 up to TSL12. The leading ledger is FMGLFLEXT

Please Note i only want to extract the balance from fmglflext and the cost centers. i don't want the actual costs in monetary value. The goal is to separate GL Accounts by Cost Centers. I have attached shots of the structure.

Any assistance will be fully appreciated

Regards,

Roger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

I suggest to go for an alternative approach: DataSource 0FI_GL_14 (New GL Line Items of Leading Ledger). This way you have the Cost Center on line item level (i.e. the right level of granularity). From here you can aggregate and come to the balance figures. The other way around will be very difficult or even impossible.

Best regards,

Sander

former_member586947
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

We have implemented this data source recently in our system.Loading(Delta and Full) is taking hell lot of time for this data source. Have you ever used this DS? If so, please let me know how to improve the loading performance.

Regards,

Satya.

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Please have a look at the following SAP Notes:

Furthermore, you might want to try creating an additional index on table BWFI_AEDAT with the following fields (using t/code SE11):

• MANDT;
  • AEDAT.

Last but not least, do not forget to read the attached Word document in SAP Note 1330016 and in addition SAP Note 991429 - Minute Based extraction enhancement for 0FI_*_4 extractors.

Best regards,

Sander

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all! It worked, However, i used 3fi_gl_ol_tt for the GL balances and 0co_om_cca_1 for the cost centers. I put the data into 2 separate DSOs. I appreciate your effort and help. Thanks