cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQM address validation issue in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have installed SAP DQM 4.0 SP5 components as per the installation guide.  When we are trying to perform address validations using XD02 Tcode in SAP ECC system the address validations are not working correctly. When I am trying to perform address validations using DQ real time jobs it is working correctly in Data Services.

I have performed all ECC configurations for DQM and I am able to see request and response calls in DQ side but the address validations are not working correctly.

Please see the below screenshot which has incorrect city name and postcode.The correct address is :: 10 Allcroft Rd,Birmingham, West Midlands B11 3EB. When I click check address button in ECC it has to show correct city name and postcode under validated address section.

Please help me on this.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Subrah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

virginia_hagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When ever you are testing the Global Address Cleansing, you don't want to give the engine a bad city name and a bad postcode.  You want to start with something that is close to correct to see if its working correctly.  The engine doesn't know what address you are expecting to be returned, and we commonly see it changed to a point that we can get back to the data that you expect.  This is especially true in GB as the address format takes the postcode and house number can bring you directly to the actual address.  So what I expect is happening is that you are assigning low level,  when you are expecting a primary address assignment.  I would also believe that its not calling with the suggestions enabled, which is dependent on the configuration.

If you put in something like the correct postcode and the misspelled city, does it fix it?

leave off Road, does it add it?

Simple things like that.. Will help you know if its working or not.

- Is it calling the real-time job with suggestions?  or without?

- What referential data do you have installed?   GB data? Or just All world?

- Quarterly adjustments report won't help in this instance as that is the batch of data and not a single transaction.

Thanks,

Virginia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Virginia,

Thanks for your detailed mail. I am able to see request and response calls when I clicked on address check button. I have configured all ECC side DQM settings as per installation guide.

I am able to call the DQ real time services from outside using SOAP UI tool and also I am able to run DQ real time jobs using sample test input files. I am not really sure why address validation functionality is not working in ECC. I have activated real-time address cleanse and real-time address cleanse suggestions jobs when address validation is triggered from ECC.

Could you please let me know why DQ address check it is not working through ECC.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Subrah.

virginia_hagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If the address reviewer screen is displayed as your screen shot shows, PV calling DQM for SAP is working.  You do not get the address reviewer screen without postal validation being called.

Did you take my suggestion of making a slight change so that you can see the validated address?  when the address reviewer screen is displayed depends on the status codes returned by the process.

So the question is why are you getting different results between running a stand alone DQ job in Soap UI, at least that is what I believe you are asking based on the information provided.

What job did you use to run to test SOAP UI?  Is that the same one that is called via the PV?  you can see the number of records processed increasing in Management console, so you can tell which job PV is calling.

Otherwise, you really need to log a case.

Thanks,

Virginia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkata sv dendukuri,

have you run the Quarterly Adjustment Reports?

Are your address directories up to date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Goran,

Thanks for your reply. At the moment we are just doing single address validations and we have recently installed all latest address directories.

Our objective is just check address validations in ECC. The system has to perform address validations only using DQM.

Regards,

Subrah.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkata,

I am referring to point 5.1.7 Quarterly Adjustment Reports of the user's guide