cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number of WBS and Activities with out effecting on performance other issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have interface between Primavera and SAP (Projects gets  transferred from P6 to SAP) by using EPC connector. Actually as of now we are transferring only WBSe in order to integrate the cost part with other modules we are not tranferring activities.

But now our client wants to transfer the activities as well. here the thing is, as of now we do not have that much big volume projects ( the biggest project what we have so for is having 2000 WBSe and 4000 Activites).

Here in the coming days we are going to create very big projects in P6 which are going to transfer to SAP including activities (each project may have 5000-6000 WBSe and 15000-17000 Activities). So now what i am thinking is, it not a good idea to transfer activities because it may cause performance problem to open Project or to release project. i request you to please suggest what could be the other consequences if we transfer such big projects with activities is it advisable or not. Can this data manageable?

Note:Here i am not going to do any scheduling in SAP or transfer the relations of activities, only structure i am going to transfer and if possible confirmation % as well.

Thanks in advance,

Srivats

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srivasts C

I am not sure about performance but transferring the Masking code has caused issues for others

Each project exists an internal number (PROJ-PSPNR),
which is generated automatically from the system and  an external number (PROJ-PSPID).

The same is available for the WBS element: internal number (PRPS-PSPNR) and the external number(PRPS-POSID).

The external numbers (PROJ-PSPID and PRPS-POSID) are
set to 24 characters. The internal numbers (PROJ-PSPNR and PRPS-PSPNR) are also set to 8 characters.

It's not possible to change the length of those fields.

note 536471.contians information concerning the coding mask

I know this is not what you asked, but I hope it helps

Ger

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srivasts,

Please check the documentation for business functions:

OPS_PS_HLP_1

OPS_PS_HLP_2

This is additional functionality for Handling Large Projects.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your reply,

Here according to Note: 206264 SAP is not suggesting to go more than 10000 Activities per project. So, in my case if we have 15000-17000 activities is that going to be mess or if i apply the above suggested business function will that going to be solved.

Has any body tried on this functions and got succeed on high volume project issues (performance & maintenance).

Thanks & Regards,

Srivasts