cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4/HANA Logistics

0 Kudos

Does this group have any information on the overview and details of Simple Logistics. I understand there is a release by end of year, but is there a a pre-read which the experts have.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Wagnerfr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjib,

let me add some basic release details related to simplified logistics. Simplified logistics functionality will be delivered as part of the SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511 (announced for Q4/2015). Note: there is no separate delivery of simplified logistics functionality. We sometimes have a misunderstanding where simple logistics is compared with SAP Simple Finance.

In the following whitepaper we described basic steps how you can move to SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511 (which includes simple logistics information):

https://service.sap.com/~sapidp/012002523100011787552015E.pdf

For detailed simple logistics information I do not have (yet) a official released version. We will add this information in the chapter "SAP S/4HANA: Functional capabilities in detail" of the S/4 cookbook:

So stay tuned.

Kind Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

What's the overlap between the S/4 HANA on-premise edition 1511 with Simple Logistics, and the S/4 HANA cloud 1506 enterprise edition? Does the cloud edition contain the Simple Logistics functionality & code that will be dropped in the on-premise version later this year, or is it different (e.g. based on traditional business suite SD)?

Reason I ask is from reading a blog by Yannick on the 1506 cloud enterprise edition it covers the below, which is similar territory to Simple Logistics

• Order-to-cash: Credit Management, Sales Order Processing, Free of Charge Delivery, Returns and Complaints, Sales Quotation

Many thanks, John

Wagnerfr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello John,

basically SAP S/4HANA cloud and on-premise edition are based on same codeline. In the cloud edition we are more strict regarding the cloud qualities (all user interfaces based on FIORI [in exeptional cases WEBGui], dedicated content lifecycle management processes, specific extensibility mechanisms ...). In the On-premise edition a customer does have more flexibility regarding custom code and customizing. SAPGui transactions are still in place here.

Both editions contain the simplified logistics functionality. In the SAP S/4HANA on-premise edition (1511) we have even more (so to say) traditional logistics functionality, which is not (yet) simplified and still SAPGui based. Those functionality are not available in the cloud edition 1506. 

Basically spoken our development approach is "Cloud first" (then with all required cloud qualities) and then adapt this to on-premise.

Kind Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank, that's helpful.

Do you know why SAP hasn't branded the cloud Simple Logistics-equivalent functionality the same as on-premise (i.e. calling it Simple Logistics)? Unless one gets deep into the detail it's not particularly apparent that they are the same (albeit with the possibility to customise further in the on-premise edition)!

Regards

John

Wagnerfr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello John,

I´m a bit here on a territory which is not exactly my area of expertise. My understanding (possibly I´m wrong here):   The language and terms how we want to describe our software/functionality are based for the SAP S/4HANA cloud edition on solution capabilities and business scenarios. In The On-Premise world we are coming from a traditional module-wise approach. Logistics, Financials, Human Resources .... Mostly even more specific like (SD, MM, FIN-AA, FIN-GL ...). But the target is that aswell for the On-premise edition we have the description of the functionality based on solution capabilities and business scenarios. So the working title "simple logistics" will not find the way into the official description of the scenarios and solution capabilities. With that (at least i hope that) we will close then the circle again and everything come together.

Kind Regards,

Frank

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjib,

No clear HANA issue/question here?

I'm moving this discussion to the appropriate SCN space (https://scn.sap.com/community/s4hana)

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjib,

Please find below blog on S/4 HANA simple logistics.

https://scn.sap.com/community/s4hana/blog/2015/07/13/expectation-from-simple-logistics

Regards,

Nilesh