cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of TO against PCN in the below scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having the following scenario :-

Scenario: In warehouse(SU managed) have different physical pickable storage types with storing criteria of single SKU/Single BATCH(developed through ABAP coding) except ABC stor. type. One storage bin can contain Single Material/Batch only except ABC Stor. Type. I am creating TO against

PCN(SKU to SKU, BATCH to BATCH) which is in a pickable stor. type.

Problem: System is throwing error "Multiple SKU/Batch combination storage not allowed" which is as per system logic.

Solution: The stock is being transferred to ABC storage type , LT05 is being done against PCN and again moved back to a bin in different SU though it's not feasible and hectic.

Looking for an alternative feasible solution.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as a basic rule of PCN, stock gets confirmed in the same bin, in your case you mentioned that stock is going to ABC storage type hence it looks like you need to look at your custom code why the stock is being transferred to another storage type when you are picking from other then ABC storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Below is the process.

Load drop stocks go to ABC stor. type automatically. First picking happens from there , then from other pickable locations. When TO is created against PCN, if any stock is there in ABC it is successfully created , if not system is giving the above error. For which the stock is being transferred manually to ABC and TO is created against PCN. That is the problem.

Hope I am clear.

Regards,

Ravi

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Load drop stocks  not a standard SAP term, can you simplified in SAP standard term and your business requirement

What is the basis for TO creation, if this is custom t-code there will be some business logic, in standard SAP for Posting Change Notice you just change the quant characteristic in system and stock will remain in the same storage bin physically as well as in system before and after posting change so in your case why there is a if " if any stock is there in ABC" do you provide the bin detail in the beginning of the PCN . if you refer the standard LQ02 transaction then whatever bin you specify on the selection screen after PCN completion you will find the stock in the same bin(provided post to same bin is checked in mvt customization)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Let me clarify in a very simple way.

Sometimes, some free stocks are also delivered to customer with valued stock. All the free stock has different nomenclature and for every type of division SKU code also differs from valued one. Suppose, "XYZ" mat. code is changed to "FRXYZ" after making it to free stock. Now, PCN is generated. Assume , total stock(100 kg) of XYZ has been made free type. Suppose it's scattered to pickable storage type bins as 80 KG and ABC storage type 20 KG. Now, while doing LT05, system is giving above error for 80 KG whereas for 20 KG it's successful as ABC stor. type allows mixing of different SKU-BATCH. As the free stocks to be picked, so the PCN has to be fully processed. For that, we transfer 80 KG to ABC Stor. Type and then process the PCN which is the problem.

post to same bin is checked.

After selecting bin only system is giving above error.

Hope, this time it's clear.

Regards,

RR

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on your custom code you are allowed to store One storage bin can contain Single Material/Batch in pick able storage type. After PCN you are changing Material XYZ TO FRXYZ so the criteria for single material is not getting fulfilled as system is trying to post the stock in same bin(as per configuration) where stock of XYZ is present. So the solution which you mentioned in the initial thread is one option to move to ABC and the perform TO of PCN OR in the same picable storage type transfer this 80 qty in a separate bin where only "One storage bin,Single Material/Batch" criteria is getting fulfilled for your custom code and try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is Bulky process, and also to be monitored separately. That's why I have asked for alternative.

BTW, Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Apart from error message description, could you please specify the error message no# as well.

Thanks,
Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

This is customised message as mentioned in my post.

Regds,

Ravi