cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon Language per user basis in Launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to assign different language for each logged in user to support users from multiple geographical regions. I have installed German laguage package on gateway server and in SU01 transacation while creating the user I have given "de" i.e German as the logon language in defaults tab. This is not being reflecting in Fiori launhcpad. But If I give sap-language=de, it is working fine and am able to see lanuchpad static content in german. Please help me,where I am missing.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arun,

This is how Logon language is determined.

Determining the Logon Language - Connectivity - SAP Library

As you see, Language from SU01 is at number 5. Check others like browser language.

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have verified the all options. Finally the conclusion is that

The logon language is specified in the Application Server according to the following procedure.

1. 1.       If the Mandatory Logon Data flag has been set for a service in transaction SICF , the system uses the language that was entered there. - After this setting user will be shown with a dropdown in launchpad login page with the list of available i.e installed language packages on the gateway server.
  2. 2.       If this is not the case, but the HTTP request contains the language in the HTTP header (as a header or a form field), you log onto the system using this language.
  3. 3.       The browser settings of the calling client are then used. The system selects as the logon language the first language from the list that is maintained in the browser, and which is also installed in the SAP system. - If 1,2 nd options are not enabled browser language will be taken as a priporty but make sure that those specified language packages installed on gateway server. and Please make sure that you have deleted other old languagues used in the language list.

The language list is specified using the HTTP header field accept-language .

Note

With Internet Explorer, you can for example set the language you require by choosing   Tools   Internet Options   Languages   .

1. 4.       If the flag Logon Data is set for a service in transaction SICF (and not flagged as obligatory ) the language entered there is used.
  2. 5.       If no language is defined by this process, the classic SAP system mechanisms are used. The logon language is based on the user settings (in transaction SU01 ) and if nothing is entered here, the default language of the SAP system is used automatically.

This option will never work. Fiori launchpad will not take language reference from SU01 transaction. The same they have mentioned in the fiori techincal FAQ too.

Ref link  http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0ab36d0-ce31-3110-2fb9-bb7fe2e67...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jessie_xu2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

The document for the general settings you mentioned is correct, and the language in the user's profile from SU01 will be taken when so-called basic authentication is performed.

However when using SAP system logon page, we need to render the system logon with a certain language which will be the saved as a hidden form field, and it will be used afterwards if the language input field is not activated. It is then slightly different from a basic authentication. Since the Fiori always uses a sort of System logon Page, that's why the user's language maintained in SU01 will not be taken.

For the system logon, you need to either specify the language in the logon page or maintain desired logon language in the ICF service node.

Best Regards,

Jessie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessie,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have one more query, if I set language in ICF node for /default_host/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ error pages,it will effect all Fiori users right ? This setting is not user specific right ? Then how can I use this option to set user specific langauge. Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,

Arun.

jessie_xu2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Under ICF node /default_host/sap/bc/ui2/start_up ---> Error Pages ---> Configuration, you can set the default language, it will effect all users.

I guess there is not a way to set user specific language for Fiori if we use the default fiori system logon page(as I explained in the previous reply). You can manually set it on the logon page or in the URL.

In other cases like Single Sign-On, I think it would follow the mechanism as you mentioned at the very beginning. (Not for sure since I didn't test it)

Best Regards,

Jessie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessie,

That is what my concern actually. Am looking for a Fiori solution where I want the user to be shown the Launchpad content with the language he desired, automatically on access. But as you mentioned, It seems there is no provision for default user language other than giving an option to the user by showing list of available languages in Login page or by passing language parameter in Fiori launchpad URL. Anyway thanks a lot Jessie for contributing your thoughts.

Regards,

Arun.