cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Lot size with splitting but without rounding value as multiple

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where business wants a particular size of lot in planned order.

The scenario is when customer order drops in for part A for say 2500 EA, after MRP run the total amount/fixed amount they should plan to produce is 4500 EA and in that also they should produce in individual lot sizes of 1000 EA

So for demand of 2500 EA, they expect MRP to create planned orders for total of 4500 EA  with each planned order as 1000,1000,1000,1000 and last planned order of 500.

The closest to this requirement that i have in Standard SAP is FS lot size in which i can maintain Fixed lot size and rounding value however in my requirement fixed lot size is not divisible by rounding value. I.E  4500/1000 is not a number but fraction.

So my question is how can i take care of this requirement ?

Thank you for your time

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member299289
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dev,

Addition to point by Abishek above,

You may have the lot sizing as EX and have a rounding profile created and assigned in the material master OR

You can have the lot sizing as FX and have the fixed lot size set to 4500.

Any demand less than 4500 will generate 1 planned order for 4500.

You may setup the Distribution key and assign to the production version in which the quantities will split accordingly.

I would suggest to run CO48 and then specify the plan order number at the header screen.

In the detail screen, enter the quantity to split and click generate as below.

Save the entry and system will then split to 5 production orders with the quantity proposed.

Rewards point if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats closest i can get. I am not familiar to CO48 where do i maintain quantity to split?The thing is wheni maintain PV MRP already creates plant orders as per distribution rule and they all are of same quantity.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wanted to check if any other expert has another solution other than MRP User Exits.

Thanks

Dev

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Suggested by experts here ,you can achieve this with the help of Lot sizing procedure.

Maintain a lot sizing procedure and give fixed lot size and Re-run MRP.

You can also try 'Lot-for-lot with rounding=1' IN OMI4.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any update folks?

I am still trying to figure out, tried couple of different lot size variations.

Dev

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dev,

Did you try keeping the fixed lot size of 1000 and rounding value of 500 with the last lot exact setting ?

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for reply,

It doesn't cover my requirement. My requirement includes fixed lot size of 4500 and rounding value of 1000 but when i put those values SAP removes rounding value entry and it becomes empty when i try to save it. This case when lot size is copy of "Fixed lot size" with a change of exact lot size ticked.

When i do same by creating a new lot size which is copy of fixed lot size with splitting and exact lot size ticked, SAP doesn't allow to maintain rounding value that is not divisible of fixed lot size and i get error "

"Fixed lot size must be a multiple of the rounding value"

So again restating requirement.

When a demand comes in for 3000, business wants to produce 4500, if demand is 4501 then 9000. That is total quantity to be produced should be in multiples of 4500 but each planned order should be of 1000 each.

So for example demand is 3000. Total quantity to be produced should be 4500 and there should be 5 planned orders of following qunatities

1000,1000,1000,1000 and last one of 500

I have not got that solution by any of above solutions.

KR

Dev

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dev

This cannot be solved via Lot sizing procedure. How ever the  closest you can get to your requirement is by having fixed lot size as 4500 and then using Distribution key in the production version with 4 portions of 22.22 and 1 portion of 11.12 (not sure if decimal will work need to test). Result of this should be one planned order of 4500 and displayed in MD04 as (Note this is single planned order/production order but split and displayed as per the distribution key) this BAdI MD_ADAPT_DISTRIBUTION can be used to further twist and play with it

MRP element   Quantity
  Planned order 4711  1000
  Planned order 4711  1000
  Planned order 4711  1000
  Planned order 4711  1000
  Planned order 4711  500

path for it SPRO>PP>MRP>Evaluation>Quantity Distribution

Other option could be use Fixed lot size of 4500 and then in MRP user exit you can find ample of threads for MRP user exits split this planned order as per your wish.

Regards,

Abhishek Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

My splits are not consistent, they vary by material so for some materials with fixed lot size of 4500 need is to have 1000,1000,1000,1000 and 500 planned orders for others it could be multiple of 950 not sure of BADI can help there.

Thanks for help though

Still searching for options.

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well then you are left with only option to use Fixed lot size of 4500 and then manipulate it  in MRP user exit.

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the following settings and test

Lot size : FS

Fixed lot size : 4500

Rounding value : 1000

in the configuration of lot size activate the indicator Last lot exact as shown below

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

I tried it, created a new Lot size as copy of FS with last lot check exact as check.

tried to maintain fixed lot size of 4500 and rounding value of 1000 but i get error "Fixed lot size must be multiple of rounding value" as 4500 is not multiple of 1000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set the maximum lot size to 1000 and the rounding to 500.

You will achieve the result you're asking for: only proposals for 1000 or 500 pcs will be created by MRP.

Regards

Mauro

Former Member
0 Kudos

with which lot size procedure?

I have to enter Fixed lot size with FX or FS.

Also i need to take care of total quantity to produced = 4500 if demand is from 1 to 4500 and 9000 if demand 4501 to 9000 , so on.

Thanks
Dev

Gopinath_Ram
Participant
0 Kudos

I have tried your scenario, using lot size FS is good option if it allows you to mention the Rounding Profile instead of Rounding value. But unfortunately it is not possible with Lotsize FS.

I have different opinion , Create a lot sizing procedure which allows Overlapping , now in material master enter Maximum lot size and Rounding Profile with your condition as less than 500 rounding value will be 500 and from 501 it will 1000

Now it allows to create planned order for the remaining 500 pcs.

But then you have to firm those planned orders , as when the Cus req drops , the MRP should not remove those planned orders.

check and let me know your feedback

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

Can you please elaborate.

Points to note

1 Planned orders are only created when Cust Req drops in. (We dont maintain forecast or safety stock)

2 I need to Also i need to take care of total quantity to produced = 4500 if demand is from 1 to 4500 and 9000 if demand 4501 to 9000 , so on how do i manage that 4500 figure for each part