cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OrgModeler related feature

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

We are currently implement OrgModeler on nakisa 4.3.

Below is our backend & Nakisa OrgModeler system information:

- sap erp system version: ECC6.0 Ehp7

- sap basis version: 704 - SP-Level 0007

- sap net weaver version: 7.4

- nakisa add-on version: 403_740_RF

- database version: DB2 10.5

- nakisa OrgModeler build number: 0930022400

I have questions regarding to OrgModeler:

• Can we view dotted relationship (A005 & B005) and solid line (A002 & B002) position relationship in OrgModeler Organization structure (extracted from SAP R/3) which is reflected in nakisa OrgChart (refer to the following screen capture for the detail information)?

Nakisa OrgChart organization structure dotted and solid line relationship:

Nakisa OrgChart configuration to show dotted and solid relationship (note: make sure to maintain A005&B005 or A002&B002 relationship in           backend):

however, in OrgModeler available fields to be used are BEGDA, ENDDA, OBJID, OTYPE, RELAT, RSIGN,

SOBID, SYNCBEGDA, SYNCENDDA.

• Can we make dotted relationship (A005 & B005) and solid line (A002 & B002) position relationship in OrgModeler organization strcuture scenario? it seems there is no option to choose whether the position is dotted line or not.

• I have configured the OrgModeler by following the guide in "OrgModeler_VSN43_Admin_En.pdf" and as mention on section 3.3 Authorization Objects, we need to add some authorization object in order to enable writeback feature in OrgModeler. Also, as mention on "OrgModeler_VSN43_User_En.pdf" user guide section no. "8.12.4 Writing Back Scenarios", we can do the write back feature by going to: Load the required scenario to open the Scenario Information panel > In the General Information tab, click Write Back in the Scenario Actions section. However, the write back button / feature is not available. We already add necessary authorization object and do the scenario creation and approve the scenario. Did I miss some configuration in backend or admin console?

our scenario general information screenshot:

sorry for the long post, please guide me to solve this issue.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Bobbi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bobbi.

Section 3.1 of the 4.3 OrgModeler user guide includes the following note.

"Nakisa OrgModeler does not currently display dotted-line relationships."

So I'm afraid there is currently no way to address this other than to put pressure on Nakisa to deliver this as a feature in a future release.

I have to be honest it does seem a bit odd to have been omitted and there are some references in the feature checklist analytics ... but these are to say that dotted relationships are not counted.

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bobbi.

Do you plan to contact or have you already been in contact with Nakisa about this limitation, or are you just going to accept that this isn't an available feature right now?

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen Millard,

We have contacted Nakisa regarding to this limitation and they have respond our queries. This version still cannot support the dotted line relationship in OrgModeler. it seems they still facing the inconsistent data problem during loading data from SAP to staged database (if dotted line exist) and maintain dotted line relationship in scenario relationship.

Therefore, we are going to use push our user to standard feature and let's hope that Nakisa would provide this feature on their next version.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Bobbi