cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM DMO migration to multi tenant fails

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am migrating a database with SUM / DMO to a multi tenant HANA Instance. During configuration phase sum crates the hdbuserstore with the wrong ports. It is using default ports of a non multi tenant database: 30015. It has to use 30044.

If I modify hdbsuserstore it will be overwritten by sum at the next execution.

Where can I find the script setting the hdbuserstore?

Which paramerter can I configure to get around this Problem?

The first error with a multi tenant target database was, that he did not have a database_sid of the tenant database. It tried to connect to the instance. Error message at Phase PREP_CONFIGURATION/SUBMOD_MIG_CONFIG/HDB_PREPARE was:

Wed Jul 29 14:26:19 CEST 2015 | com.sap.hdb.core.main.cmd.HdbCmdMain | com.sap.hdb.sl.lib.exceptions.HdbException: Parameter DATABASE_SID must not be empty for a connect to a multiple-container system!

The solution was to modify script SUM/abap/bin/hdbsllib by adding DATABASE_SID=E15

exec $java_cmd -classpath $rootdir/com.sap.hdb.sl.lib.jar:$rootdir/com.sap.hdb.core.jar com.sap.hdb.core.main.cmd.HdbCmdMain $* DATABASE_SID=E15

Best Regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhishek_singh11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

DMO does not support multiple database containers (MDC) for SAP HANA DB. It is planned to support MDC in DMO in one of the following SUM versions, but there is no decision yet.

SUM SP13 does not support multiple database containers (MDC) for SAP HANA DB, unfortunately.

Please check SAP Note: 1813548

Thanks Much,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Abhishek, I did not recognize this restriction. I have to weit for next version or seperate upgrade and migration.

Best Regards

Andreas

Answers (0)