cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat Customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having a problem setting up a report in Web Intelligence and hopefully you may be able to help.

I want to find out whether people who start using our dervices continue to do so after a certain number of months. I have set up two queries, one which pulls through a list of all the account numbers that were created this year, whcih gives me the number of of new users.

The second query takes those barcodes and finds whether they have used our services within each month after they joined. Both tables have the users age in them so we can break down the results by age group.

I can set up tables to showe how many new joiners we have for each age group, and also a table to show how many people from each age group used our services within each month. However I can't combine the two to show how many people started an account but then didn't use our services.

Ideally I want a table headings laid out as:

Age Group     New Accounts     Active After 1 Month     Active after 2 months     Active after 3 months etc

So I can get the New accounts by age group and the active users by age group but can't combine them as I lose the information for everyone who has opened an account but no used it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Stu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please show us some sample data so that we can understand your requirement.

Also provide the output what you want with logic.

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you merged the account number dimensions from each query? Basically, if you do that merge you want to show the objects from your User query where a some element from the Usage query is null to show Users with no Usage.  Thinking in SQL terms you are doing a left join from User to Usage where the AccountNumber in Usage is null.

SELECT *

FROM User

LEFT JOIN Usage ON User.AccountNumber = Usage.AccountNumber

WHERE Usage.AccountNumber IS NULL

Here are a couple of blog posts talking about merged dimensions...

What Does Extend Merged Dimensions Really Do?

Tips for Merging Dimensions | Michael’s BI Safari

I know this doesn't flesh out all of the details, but hopefully this gets you going in the right direction.

Noel