cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting message in ClientText.ini on event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The program is developed by another firm. I set the task to understand it and make an adjustment.

There is an event in which a message is located in ClientText.ini «AG3_ACTION_BACKUP_ERROR». I do not understand how Agentry understands that it is necessary to give this message? Where to look for a link to AG3_ACTION_BACKUP_ERROR in the program?

Develop programs in eclipse - Agentry EditorPlugin.

sorry for my English.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

The ClientText.ini only stores the Text but the error messages are triggered from within the Application so you must look at the Agentry Code in Eclipse. If you use ATE you might be able tell the screen name via F1 key.

good luck

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Chandra. But I understand that. I found the Screen. Pressing the button starts the following "Step Type":

1.Navigation

2.Transmit

3.Transaction

4.Apply

5.Transaction

When performing "4.Apply", a message is displayed. The message text is in "ClientText.ini". Where in Agentry Code in Eclipse determines which of the plurality of messages in ClientText.ini show?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The ClientText.ini stores the error messages that the base Agentry client can display.  They are included in this configuration file so that customers can change the default messages and also for localization purposes.  The base Agentry client has internal logic that when the particular error occurs it will lookup the message based on the key and display it to the user. 

The messages in the ClientText.ini are not things that your application will typically generate. They are lower level client errors usually.  There will not be a direct reference in Eclipse that point to this file.

The error you reference is being displayed due to the Agentry client encountering a problem trying to process the action step definition it received from the server.

You should investigate what that action step is doing and adjust if needed.

--Bill

Answers (0)