cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling the BW Data Connector in Lumira 1.27 - not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm having an issue with Lumira Desktop1.27 for installing SAP BW Data Connector extension. I get an error message:

"An error has occurred. See the log file

C:\Users\dbencze\.sapvi\configuration\123456.log"

!SESSION 2015-07-30 09:24:40.955 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_65
java.vendor=SAP AG
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 4 0 2015-07-30 09:24:49.313
!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component com.sap.ip.bi.base.application.DeclaredServiceActivator. The reference is: Reference[name = IActivatorBase, interface = com.sap.ip.bi.base.bundle.IActivatorBase, policy = dynamic, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = addRICActivator, unbind = removeRICActivator]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 4 0 2015-07-30 09:24:49.313
!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component com.sap.ip.bi.base.application.DeclaredServiceActivator. The reference is: Reference[name = IActivatorBase, interface = com.sap.ip.bi.base.bundle.IActivatorBase, policy = dynamic, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = addRICActivator, unbind = removeRICActivator]

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member242264
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I'm facing the same issue like Daniel. I thought that it is due to my Eclipse-installation on the system; but after I removed Eclipse, the issue is still the same.

The error-log is giving the following:

Error-log

!SESSION 2015-08-03 11:02:42.928 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.7.0_65

java.vendor=SAP AG

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 4 0 2015-08-03 11:02:44.394

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 4 0 2015-08-03 11:02:44.394

BR,

Nico

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nico

Please have a look at the following SCN Discussion:

See if any of the suggestions there help.

Also, see if cleaning cache via the following flag in the SAPLumira.ini file helps:

-Dhilo.cef.cache.enabled=false

Install drive:\Program Files >SAP Lumira > Desktop > SAPLumira.ini

Finally, try these steps:

1) Uninstall Lumira 1.27

2) delete the .sapvi folder from the c:\users\<your user name>\

3) delete the sapvi folder from the c:\users\Public\

4) Regedit and remove all Lumira and sapvi entries (The usual warnings re changes to the registry apply(!))

5) restart

6) Install Lumira 1.27

- Ludek

former_member242264
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I tried them out (the KBA's, cache cleaning, uninstall + registry delition), unfortunately no success.

On another computer with a clean installation of Windows, we do have the BW extension + connection perfectly working on it. I'll try to figure out what differences there are between both of them and post it here if I have a verdict.

But of course, other suggestions are welcome.

BR,

Nico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

You will have to help Lumira a little bit in order to make it work.

In the folder "C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\extensions_repository\tu", you have the extensions that should be installed within Lumira. If you extract this zip-file, you will see the following folders: "bundles" ,"features" and "plugins".

The content of these folders should be copy/pasted into the .sapvi-folder that you will find under "c:\Users\[your username]\.sapvi\extensions". In this extensions-folder you will also have these three folders that are used inside SAP Lumira.

Can you try this please?

former_member242264
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

That's indeed a good workaround, I managed to get it working!

On a side note, we also thought it was due to Design Studio; but after uninstalling that, the extension was still not working properly.

Thanks for the reply, really appreciated!

Cheers,

Nico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot! It is already working properly!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Are you installing using the extension manager download within SAP Lumira? You can look at this for the same

Also take a look at this

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I have already deleted the .sapvi and Lumira files and I have done the reinstallation more times.

My systemloos like...

and I habe already installed the Lumira

and Lumira.ini file is already extended with

-Duser.home=c:\temp

but it has not yet solved my problem.

Best Regards,

Daniel

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

When you go back to File | Extensions, do you see the extension as installed:

Or do you see it as still available for install:

Make sure the following is true:

• To connect to SAP BW locally, it is required to have SAP Logon installed, and SAP BW System defined in the SAP Logon.
  • To connect to SAP BW Connection defined on an SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform, then an OLAP Connection to SAP BW needs to be defined on the SAP BI Platform.

And note the versions of supported SAP BW:

• SAP BW 7.01 - SP08 and above
  • SAP BW 7.02 - SP08 and above
  • SAP BW 7.30 - SP03 and above
  • SAP BW 7.31
  • SAP BW 7.4 

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,

2. option - BW Data Connentor still available for install... (like your 2. snapshot).

- Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Daniel

Please describe the process you followed with snapshot .

And also can you check if the OS and the SAP Lumira are having same bit meaning either both should 32 bit or 64 bit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranajay,

My OS is 64 bit.

File >> Extension >>

End of the download.....

and than I close the panel with "x" and File >> Exit.

and  than I trigger the Lumira again.... File >> New...

As you see, BW Data Connector is not in the list....

and the following error message was generated with the following log file.

!SESSION 2015-07-30 13:56:40.978 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_65
java.vendor=SAP AG

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 4 0 2015-07-30 13:56:44.867

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 4 0 2015-07-30 13:56:44.867

on the path of

C:\Users\dbencze\.sapvi\configuration\1438257402429.log

Best Regards,

Daniel