cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP horizont and replenishment lead time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

I was studding the MRP types and MRP horizont and didn't find a standard solution to my requirement.

Scenario: Purchased material, Reorder Point 100un, planned delivery time 30 days

At MRP/MD04:

Today:                 Stock: 30un

+ 5 days:             +20un purchase order

+ 10 days:           +20un purchase order

+ 40 days:           +30un purchase order

Up to the end of replenishment lead time there are 70un (30+20+20). The last one should not be considered because is outside the RLT.

So when MRP runs, a purchase requisition of 30un is expected, to be delivered in 30 days.

What is happening is that MRP is considering the last purchase order and just adding an Exception to anticipate.

What I realized is that the MRP only takes in consideration for purchase orders the MRP horizont defined at OPPQ or OPPR.

I’ve tested MRP types V1 and VB, they only change the behavior of requirements (sales orders, transfer orders), not for purchase orders.

Does anyone knows a standard configuration to MRP consider only the purchase order inside the material replenishment lead time?

Many thanks in advance.

Darley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Darley

You must reduce your rescheduling horizon on transaction OMDW or exclude purchase orders from the rescheduling check.

Take a look on the following WIKI for more details:

What is rescheduling and how does it work - ERP Manufacturing (PP) - SCN Wiki

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

Really nice WIKI.

I've considered these configurations, the problem is we have several different lead times to different materials, so our option would be to create several MRP groups what would be impracticable.

The other option suggested by was also considered, but we do need to include purchase orders when they are inside the RLT.

By now we are considering add this decision inside the BADI MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA~CHANGE_MDPSX_MDBS, to decide when the purchase order must be included on the MRP data.

IF ch_mdps-dat01 > im_cm61m-wzter.

ch_exit    = 'X'.

ch_changed = 'X'.

ENDIF.

Darley

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Darley

This solution may also work. Please observe that it is possible to make the planning element not relevant to MRP but still displayed on the MRP transactions changing the field VRFKZ on the BAdI.

You can find an example on the following blog:

BR
Caetano

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try  the below -

1.In OMDW Reduce your re-scheduling horizon below 40  for example 30 working days as per your FC .

2.You can also exclude the Firmed Receipt as PO  & Fixed PR  if you have kept more than 40 days .

You have to fine tune this re-schedule horizon in OMDW   and test the same with a result in MD04

Regards

JH

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check and share your rescheduling horizon.

It is definitely more than 40 days because your +40 days purchase order is suggested for rescheduling.

Reducing the rescheduling horizon should do the trick

The document shared by Caetano, explains it in detail.

Best Regards,

Ameya B.