cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate OAuth AccessToken for Extranet Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Supportteam,

I've got a question regarding you OAuth-API in SapJam.

We registered a OAuth-Client for our SapJam instance.

Now we want to connect to the API using Scribe + Apache Olingo.

We created the AccessToken for an internal user and can access the API without any problems.

Now we want to create an accesstoken the same way we did for the internal user just for an Extranet user.

First we generated the request token and then redirected the user to sapjam to grant access to the Client.

The User is prompted for her username and password and then the errormessage in German "Der Anwendung <anwendungsname> (<redirecturl>) kann der Zugriff auf Ihr Konto nicht gewährt werden" which means something like the Application isn't allowed to access your account.

We are using the Url https://jam12.sapjam.com/oauth/authorize?oauth_token=<requesttoken> to get the verification code from the user.

Is it possible to access the account of a extranet user via OAuth/Odata Api?

Kind Regards

Marc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robert_horne
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Marc

It appears, I made a mistake in my original post. We only currently support OAuth for Extranet users when using our mobile applications. I've added this to our short term roadmap, but for at least the next 3 months we are not likely to have an update as this is time frame for the next major update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

thank you for your answer.

It would be great to have that feature in the upcomming Major version.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robert_horne
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Marc sorry for the slow reply.

OAuth is supported with Extranet users. I just discussed this with a few people and it should work.

It feels like your code is ok since you were able to get an access token for an internal user.

When the internal user logs in, are they getting to their proper SAP Jam external user branded page?

We are looking at the error message to see if that might give us a hint.

robert_horne
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Marc

Based on the error message it appears we are not getting the request token in the authorize URL. Does this give you any hint at what might be happening? Can you log the HTTP request to ensure nothing went wrong with the request?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

when I try to authenticate the User with the authorization URL + requesttoken and the User is not logged in, I getredirected to successfactors for login. That's not correct since Extranetusers don't have a SuccessFactors account. So the login fails.

When using the Extranet link (https://jam12.sapjam.com/extranet/<our_instance_here>)

to login the User directly to Sapjam and then calling the Authotizationurl (https://jam12.sapjam.com/oauth/authorize?oauth_token=<requesttoken_here>) the Errormessage from my first post came up.

So our problem is that we're unable to receive the verification code for Extranetusers since she can't see the accept button. I also logged the request/response but it didn't came up with any useful information. Just a Http 200 with the html embedded Errormessage.

Please note that for secrutiy reasons I won't post any instance name or oauth-tokens in a public forum.