cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI SDM-Deploy fails: 'Administrator' could not be connected to the specified host and port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

1. We have NWDI track configured to connect one external-SAP portal system in DMZ zone, as runtime system, through 5NN04 (P4) port.

When we try to import (SDM deploy) any component from NWDI to that external portal [in CMS->Transport Studio], it fails with below error:

SIDadm> cat <TRACK_NAME>@<XXX><TIME_STAMP>SDM-deploy.log

<TIME_STAMP> Info   :Starting Step SDM-deploy at <TIME_STAMP> -5:00

<TIME_STAMP> Info   :start deployment of archives:http://<SAP_PORTAL_SERVER_NAME>:5NN04

<TIME_STAMP> Fatal  :caused by Exception:com.sap.cms.tcs.beans.exception.TCSDeployException_Communication: The user 'Administrator' could not be connected to the specified host '<SAP_SERVER_NAME>'and port '5NN04'.:The user 'Administrator' could not be connected to the specified host '<SAP_PORTAL_SERVER_NAME>'and port '5NN04'.

com.sap.cms.tcs.beans.exception.TCSDeployException_Communication: The user 'Administrator' could not be connected to the specified host '<SAP_PORTAL_SERVER_NAME>'and port '5NN04'.

at com.sap.cms.tcs.beans.deployer.DeployConnector.openConnection(DeployConnector.java:170)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.beans.TCSDeployBean.performDirectDeployment(TCSDeployBean.java:188

[NN = External portal instance number].

2. I initially suspected issue is in firewall rules, so had our network team opened port 5NN04 for external portal in DMZ.

Now from NWDI system I can do:

NWDISIDadm> telnet <SAP_PORTAL_SERVER_NAME> 5NN04

Trying <IP_SAP_PORTAL>...

Connected to <SAP_PORTAL_SERVER_NAME>.

Escape character is '^]'.

^]

telnet> quit

Connection to <SAP_PORTAL_SERVER_NAME> closed.

From SAP portal to telnet to NWDI is also working.

SAP_PORTAL_SIDadm> telnet <SAP_NWDI_CI> 5MM00

Trying <SAP_NWDI_IP>...

Connected to <SAP_NWDI_CI>.

Escape character is '^]'.

^CConnection to <SAP_NWDI_CI> closed by foreign host.

[MM = NWDI Instance no.]

3. We are using deploy controller with P4 (5NN04) port (as we are in NW 7.4) in run time system configuration in NWDI.

4. Other two steps before SDM-Deploy: Repository-import and CBS-make are finishing successfully, only SDM-Deploy is failing.

5. Our configuration in NWDI should be alright since this import works fine in internal portal with same P4 ports. Also we have NWDI set up for a long time.

a. Can any expert please tell me what could be the issue? What am I missing?

b. When we import any component from NWDI to runtime system, I hope there is a two way communication (NWDI to portal port 04 and portal to NWDI port 00) ? Is there any other port associated with this? How this import happens internally?

c.what are the other possible checks can be carried out to determine where is the actual problem?

Regards,

Sujit Kumar Banerjee.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after open the port, you still get the same error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I still get the error. What else can I do?

Any other suggestion?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did u try restart?

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

Hope you are doing good.

Lets try to isolate the issue:

1)

is the P4 port actually accessible? Do check note 1925352 and use the SAPControl webservice interface or message server monitoring to ascertain whether the P4 port is correct and a live access point.
2)
Are you able to deploy anything using the P4 port? Just download the SCA (that has been assembled ) and try to deploy using telnet command as per SAP KBA 1715441.

let us know the results of this.

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth
SAP Active Global Support

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hemanth,

First of all thanks for your response. I think you helped me once before in recent past, I would appreciate if you help me one more time.

Below are the reply to your question:

1. I tried both approach suggested in note 1925352- through SAP MMC (Access points) and sapcontrol command and I am able to find a list of entries of access-points with the P4 port in below format.

<System IP>, 5NN04, P4, icm, Yes

(more than 35 entries with different IP addresses)

2. I have used P4 port in recent past to deploy file in the same portal system using SAP standard deploy.csh script which uses P4 port. So, P4 port should be good.

I am not trying to deploy this particular component using the script this time because the objective is to deploy by Track and not manually [we used to do it manually in past years, we will not do it any longer manually as decided by management]

The other question in mind was: when such deployment occurs from NWDI, then I thought, NWDI will talk to portal through 5NN04 and portal will talk back to NWDI to 5MM00. Is there any other port involved in between? How the deployment takes place internally? I did not find any SAP document explaining this clearly.

What else could I try? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sujit Kumar Banerjee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restart does not make any sense to me at this point. Thanks for your time anyway

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am waiting for response, thanks.