Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving my current job role - Starting ABAP certification and moving into SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

To be clear and precise. I am a working professional with 3 years of exp. Right now my CTC is gross 3.45 lakhs. I am not satisfied with my current job role and am planning to do ABAP certification in ATOS chennai. I have below the following questions and I would be greatly thankful to you if you come with your thoughts and suggestions.

1. Quitting the current job role and start doing a ABAP certification. Is worth taking this risk ?

2. The SAP training centers where I looked up to guaranteed me placement; As a ABAP fresher, within 10-20 days. Is this true and practical ?

3. Is their good number of opening available for ABAP fresher and pay scale for new bees?

4. What is best way to learn and get a job as SAP - ABAP developer ?

Answers for the above questions will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Kamal

4 REPLIES 4

former_member184580
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

1. It won't be good idea to quit job and learn ABAP. Do the certification while working and try as a fresher.

2. No company can assure you job assistance. You will find many people who did certifications from the same centers and not having jobs. Only thing is your probability will increase in getting job once you do the certification.

3. There may be few openings with SAP partners. You need to identify and apply once you complete certification. You need to keep on try and learn new things in ABAP till you get the job.

Only option is hard work, interest and passion.

Regards,

Prasad

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kamal,

Prasad has answered most of your questions. For 1, I would say quitting job, risk or no risk is personal. If you have the finance to live off of for one year, then you can quit. It is your decision and then the consequences are also yours. If you job is not inline with ABAP, then it doesnot add any value except providing you some money, better to quit.

TW

former_member184580
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

I agree with TW " If your job is not inline with ABAP, then it doesnot add any value except providing you some money, better to quit".

I was more worried about time period takes to get ABAP role in India. Some times you may get in Months but not always. You have to decide risk or no risk based on your financial capability to manage certification fees and expense during job searching period.

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.