cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export into Excel multiple lines in one Cell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am exporting data from WD Dynamic table into the Excel, my reqirement is, how to get a long text with multiple lines in one cell.

after the exporting into the excel, I get the long text as a single line, and when I duppel click on it, then it will be displayed as it was in the WD table as a long text with mutiple lines.

how can I get the long text as it it is in the WD table without duppel clicking on it?

I will be very happy of any kind of help.

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205488
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

Try insert some special char constants into your long text: CL_ABAP_CHAR_UTILITIES=>CR_LF or CL_ABAP_CHAR_UTILITIES=>NEWLINE. It could help to split your long text into several lines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

text has been already stplited in new line.. everythings look fine in the WD table. and as I described befor,

I've tried using CL_ABAP_CHAR_UTILITIES-NEWLINE and CL_ABAP_CHAR_UTILITIES-VERTICAL TAB and 'CR_LF' character as carriage return characters and these work fine when setting the values in the WD table.  Unfortunately after the transport into the excel , the long text is displayed as a single line and not as multiple lines in one cell. after duppel click on the line in the excel, then it will be displayed in multiple lines.

my question again?

how can I get the long text as it is in the WD table without duppel clicking on it on the the Excel?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved... I had to select all the cells and click on Wrap Text  in the Excel

Answers (0)