cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC MS 7.5 to 10.0 migration - can't see environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're starting the process of migrating to version 10 but can't see the environment after the backup/restore.

I can see EnvironmentShell and if I create a new Environment I can see that but I can't see the restored appset/Environment.

We also tried creating an environment and restoring on top of that which allowed me to see the Environment and connect to it through Excel but not through admin.

I tried reviewing the security setup and it appears our systemadmin access converted with all the tasks associated with the default admins.

Feels like we're missing something obvious but we can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

not sure if this can help but when you do an environment's copy or backup\restore in 7.5 version the new environment is not visible and you must enter with the system admin you used to install BPC and modify one user, just enter and save it, and after all the users became visible.

Another possibility is to verify if Active field in the tblusers table is Y.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response Roberto.

I logged on to EnvironmentShell and went into edit a user and saved.  I also tried adding another user but that also did not trigger the other application from showing.

I checked tblusers and all are active (Y).  I did note that the users all have NULL in the Domain, RoleID and Language fields while the admin account was blank or zero for these.  It's like this in our 7.5 installation as well as EnvironmentShell and our main environment that I'm trying to make visible.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

• which sp have you installed?
  • Have you seen some errors in tbllogs or in your privatepubblications folder related with the copy?
  • Are you able to see the environment parameters? are ok?

• Verify that the server options have correct settings
  • Try a modify model of the models in environmentshell with process model enabled
  • Try processing the new cube from SSAS.
    Try to reinstall admin console

I checked tblusers and all are active (Y).  I did note that the users all have NULL in the Domain, RoleID and Language fields while the admin account was blank or zero for these.  It's like this in our 7.5 installation as well as EnvironmentShell and our main environment that I'm trying to make visible.

I don't think this are issues just verify if UserID or at least Fullname contains the full domain name of the users.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. service pack - latest as far as I know - SP 22 Path 1 .NET4 Build 9217

Our hardware consists of the virtual servers for the app servers with a physical server for the back-end.

2. I didn't notice anything but I also don't know what I'm looking for.

3. environment paramaters seem okay

4. not sure where to look for the server settings, I'm relying on my IT department for the installation

5. I processed all four models with both options checked (reassign SQL index too) in EnvironmentShell.  no problems.  however I also tried processing a dimension and got an error "There are no dimensions to apply to OLAP database".  I found this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3778568 which you suggested to process the the models but this didn't seem to help.  I'm wondering if we're missing something on the IT side.

6, 7 didn't get to, I think I have to send this back to IT.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

the link you post correspond to this thread ...

Try also from another PC and see if you see the new environment from it

Try entering with the sysadmin users used to install bpc.

2. I didn't notice anything but I also don't know what I'm looking for.

try a copy of environmentshell and ask immediately your IT to verify if in appserver->tbllogs raise some errors, if so please share the message error

4. not sure where to look for the server settings, I'm relying on my IT department for the installation

ask your IT to recheck all the path and server names and ask also a server diagnostic.

5. I processed all four models with both options checked (reassign SQL index too) in EnvironmentShell.  no problems.  however I also tried processing a dimension and got an error "There are no dimensions to apply to OLAP database".  I found this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3778568 which you suggested to process the the models but this didn't seem to help.  I'm wondering if we're missing something on the IT side.

for the error message see please these notes

2089466 - Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the se...and

1745862 - [ERROR] Another 'DimensionAttribute' object has the 'xxxxx(dimension property)' ID

try disabling also the inapp property in the fields before processing

ask your IT to do also point 6 (do before a client diagnostic) and 7 and share if you receive some errors.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

IT was able to find some errors related to a store procedure for the hierarchy members:

#2.0#2015 08 04
18:41:43:818#-5:00#INFO#DimensionManage##EPM-BPC-MS##0a2c4476-4a43-4729-aa38-acbf30415121###CommonInfo
: ValidateParentForEachMember#GTNA\\bpcsysadmindev########Plain##Could not
find stored procedure 'dbo.up_ValidateHirMember'.#

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

you have some answer from IT?

I suspect something is gone wrong during installation and you have to reinstall BPC from scratch

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked the pointers, they seem fine.

I think we're at where you are in that something must have gone wrong with the install.  We're at patch 17 (I referred to the EPM patch level earlier) so we may go up to 18.  I'll post an update once they either reinstall or do something else.

Appreciate your responses Roberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

reinstall worked.  Not sure where it failed in the process but it must have.

Thanks again for your time.

Answers (0)