Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF+ : raise a message when characters limit is exceeded

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

We are using BRF+ with MDG7.

How can we with BRF+ raise an error message when a user inserts too many characters in a specific field?

This is related to the integration with a non-SAP client system.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not know if I got your question correctly: You can transfer the input into the field into BRFplus and then check it using one of the expressions BRFplus offers.

You can then raise an error message via the log message action (Log Message Action - Business Rule Framework plus (BRFplus) - SAP Library).

If you need to access the check in a non-sap system you can expose the check as RFC or web-service (both can be generated via the bRFplus workbench).

Hope that helps

BR

Christian

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Many thanks for this.

We do not need to directly perform a check in the remote system. I just need to make sure the user cannot insert more than 30 characters in a longer SAP standard field.

1. How can I call BRF+ for this?
  2. What expression can we then use in BRF+?

Thanks in advance

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do know where you can call BRFplus in your application, but I would hope there is some code-exit in which you get as importing parameter the value of the field that you want to check. In this spot you would call the BRFplus function.

You tranfer then the value of the field to BRFplus using the context.

Within BRFplus I would guess you can determine the length of the inpt using a formula expression and in there the formula function STRING_LENGTH in order to determine the length of the input.

You can use that in a simple rule to check the length and react accordingly (like described above by using an action or returing an error message)

BR

Christian

sven_hertig1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi le.radis,

did you solve your issue? Can share your brf+ rule including your formula expression / function STRING_LENGTH.

Thanks and

Best regards,

Sven

Answers (0)