Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new Repository in Information steward

former_member211727
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed Data Services 4.2 and Information Steward 4.2 on windows server and the database is MS SQL server. The default repository for DS and IS were created. I have assigned a DS Job server to the default IS repository. Now the requirement is to create a new IS repository. Please let know what are the steps required to create a new IS repository?

I created a new database for the new IS repository. But I am not sure on how to create a new IS repository.

From the blogs, I see that ISRepositoryUtility tool needs to be used.  Kindly let me know the steps.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivaas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Actually part is need to install the BODS, so I have successfully installed Data Services 4.2 in windows server 2008 R2 in the same server, trying to install the Information Steward 4.2, I am getting issue like below error.

Could you please help me out from this.

Thanks

Srini T.

former_member211727
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

Could you please tell me at what step of the IS installation you are getting this error? What is the SP version of DS and IS that you are installing?

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may get this error during installation if the connection information is not correct and in some cases if you have installed DS and not restarted your system after the DS installation, IS repo creation depends on DS utilities and sometimes the DS env variables are not set unless a system restart is done after the installation, which may cause error during the test connection (which is also using DS binaries and env)

srinivaas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

SAP DS 4.2 SP5 & IS 4.2 SP5. Getting error in below step, here I provided the HANA system details.

@ Manoj : Completely restarted the server after that I started the IS installation process, after that getting issue.

Thanks

Srini T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like during DS install you created a DS repo using login SYSTEM, you should not use SYSTEM account for DS, IS or any other Application Repo, you should create separate database/login for DS and IS Repository and use that for DS and IS Application

please create a different user for DS and IS and use that for DS and IS Repo, for example:- DSREPO , ISREPO

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul , you have to use command line scripting in order to create new IS repository using IS Repo utility tool

Check section 5.5 of Admin guide which tells about creating new SAP IS repository, you need to make sure to stop Web server before creating new repo.