cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Studio SDK: Can we create embedded reports

Former Member

Hi All

Hopefully someone can just let me know if this is possible or not. If not possible then hopefully this requirement will be noticed for a future release.

Requirement:

We need the ability to embed our custom data source report into the Account TI screen and pass account number to the report so we can display customer sales data.

Background Info:

I have created a report we wish to embed in the Accounts TI screen. Report was defined as follows.

I have extended the COD_Account_TI and created an embedded component called Report_EC in the charts tab.

I have used extensibility explorer and passed AccountID to my Report_EC as follows:

OK now that my component is successfully embedded, I need to attempt to call the Analytics components.

ATTEMPT #1 - Using ANA_ICP.EC

1. I have embedded the ANA_ICP.EC component inside the Report_EC:

2. I entered all the report details as follows:

Result 1: Report starts loading but never opens as below... (Loading Forever)

I then removed the references to Variant and View ID.

Result 2: Report loads with default variant, however I can't pass an account number to the report?

ATTEMPT #2 - Using ANA_ICP_Embedded.EC

1. I have created an ANA_ICP_Embedded.EC component inside the Report_EC:
  2. I created an outport on my Report_EC and configured as follows:

3. Data Model structure was added 'StructureForNavToSalesCycleReport'.

When I check the standard ACCOUNT_TI page, the following values are defined for the sales cycle report navigation:

4. I tried to replace __ROOT with Report_ID below and __TARGET with Report View ID below.

5. I clicked on the bind button in designer view from Report_EC and created a navigation link as follows:

6. I configured my Inport AccountID and bound to my data structure 'StructureForNavToSalesCycleReport' field (AccountID_ANA). Now I don't really expect this to work but I just followed the standard SAP configuration.

Note that I configured "Onfire" to eventhandler EV_ToSalesReport

7. EV_ToSalesReport has the following configuration:

Result: Report will not open

Question:

Is there any way I can achieve the requirement using the SDK tools available. None of this is documented and I am just trying to mimic the standard solution. What should be passed to __ROOT and __TARGET for this to work with a custom report/data source?

I changed the __ROOT and __TARGET (In data model) to the standard sales cycle report values and the embed works... as below:

This makes me think that everything I have done is correct except the data values passed.. however something happens behind the scenes I think.. maybe a SAP employee can help how I might pass to custom?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

With the inquiry from you. As far as I know. It is only possible to embedded the custom/SAP report into the UI screen without passing the parameters, here it is AccountID.

Since I don’t think there is appropriate inport parameters  for the ICP_ANA standard EC to allow the report displayed with restricted customer ID.

However, for the sure answer you might wait for the feedback from SAP Dev team.

Hope this can give you clues of it. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Qiang Zhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brad,

As a Key User, you can select reports and embeded then to UI. You can also map the data between the UI fields and embedded report fields, so that system first filters the report data based on the supplied mapping.

Regards

Anant

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anant,

-> You can also map the data between the UI fields and embedded report fields

Are you saying we can send parameters to reports?

Best Regards

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred

I have tried this and it works. I will create a blog post explaining how to do it.

Cheers

Brad

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Brad,

Super cool. Super thanks if you create a blog.

Best Regards

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we embed more than 1 report in a particular facet?

For instance, a custom facet on Customer TI with few embedded reports separated by their sections/panes?

Answers (0)